Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

A local multiplayer ?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jul 9, 2019, 4:33:19 PM

First I'm sorry if anyone as ever posted anything about this, I did not have the courage to go through the entire forum to search for it.

In my spare time I play a lot of games similar to Endless Legend, hexagonal tiles turn to turn based war games are legion, and I stumbled upon some humble free games which allow you to put several human player on a local game. 

While the idea might sound silly for a more complex game like Endless Legend (the ones I speak about is mainly army creation and have no political or ressource gestion) I think it could be a nice feature to add for long games with friends, the idea being everyone just take turns on the same computer, and while one is playing, the other one can talk, relax around a beer or whatever. 

In my experience it is a nice way to have long games without any sync issues, or to have new players discover the game.

Anyway, do you have thought about such a feature ? Do you find it silly ? Would you try it ?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 9, 2019, 9:02:15 PM

Are you talking about something like HotSeat Multiplayer? If so, I definitely agree this should be a thing.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 9, 2019, 11:08:01 PM

That's exactly the idea yeah ! I feel like this is missing, but perhaps it's not economically viable (a bunch of player buying only one game ?)

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 12, 2019, 6:33:15 PM

Oooh, that's right... It would be more complicated (although everybody could play his turn, then the events play out afterwards ? It seems much more complicated now that I think about it)

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

The Endless games are designed around Simultaneous Turns, so a hotseat multiplayer probably won't be added.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 12, 2019, 6:34:24 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

The Endless games are designed around Simultaneous Turns, so a hotseat multiplayer probably won't be added.

Could work in a demake, with simplified to the max gameplay though, but that's not really the same game anymore

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message