Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Late game hero level up management

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Oct 9, 2018, 1:47:44 AM

I have hundreds of hours across all the endless games

And something that really sucks in all of them is that a lot of the late game player activity is consumed by leveling up the giant pool of heroes I have. Maybe it's my playstyle that I play with a lot of them, but I think when they give bonuses like they do who wouldn't? I usually play with game length settings turned up which probably increases this problem. I think the dev should come up with a way to reduce the effort in managing hero ability points late game.

My idea, which may not be the best solution: allow ability point distribution to be queued like the research panel, so that the player can mess with it once, and then it can be automatic on level up. "Set it and forget it" sounds disengaging to some maybe, but usually now the workflow is come up with skill tree plans for individual heroes, and forget when they level up again because I've looked at so many skill trees in between. Late game I'm usually leveling up like 4 heroes per turn, in every Endless game.

I apologize that I haven't bothered searching for this before posting. I did read the sticky list on this forum at least. If it's already been posted, I'm glad.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Oct 19, 2018, 9:43:32 AM

I really like this suggestion, to be honest, I find it fairly simple and elegant (especially in the late game where you have so much to keep track of). I don't think this is something we have much capacity to add to the game at this point, but it's an interesting idea to keep in mind nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message