Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Polish Translation/Characters

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 5:40:44 AM
I'm having some insomnia issues recently and in the process of dealing with that I decided to translate DotE into Polish. I'm already quite far along and I noticed there some Polish characters missing in game. I believe devs already added Russian and Ukrainian characters to the game so if this is not too much problem could Polish be added as well.

As far as I know missing all: Ąą Ćć Ęę Łł Ńń Óó Śś Żż Źź
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 11:27:24 AM
I very much like your idea, Wredniak2003. I am Polish myself and it also happens that I work in the video games industry (game localization/QA/porting). I think I could help you a bit with the Polish translation thing you are working on right now. Let me know if you need any help translating or proofreading your translation. I could help you translate the XML myself and/or ask our proofreaders to give your translation a serious proofreading/editing check. If you need help, just PM me and we'll sort things out.

@Amplitude Studios - Guys, I think I could help you with the fonts in two ways. First of all, there goes a simple aid for creating of Polish characters and adding them to the existing DotE font charset (see below). If you work with OTF/TTF fonts, I could also ask my work colleagues for a favor. They would add the diacritics to the font file(s) you would provide me with. Let me know please, if this makes sense to you.

0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 1:51:39 PM
Neoheresy wrote:
I very much like your idea, Wredniak2003. I am Polish myself and it also happens that I work in the video games industry (game localization/QA/porting). I think I could help you a bit with the Polish translation thing you are working on right now. Let me know if you need any help translating or proofreading your translation. I could help you translate the XML myself and/or ask our proofreaders to give your translation a serious proofreading/editing check. If you need help, just PM me and we'll sort things out.

@Amplitude Studios - Guys, I think I could help you with the fonts in two ways. First of all, there goes a simple aid for creating of Polish characters and adding them to the existing DotE font charset (see below). If you work with OTF/TTF fonts, I could also ask my work colleagues for a favor. They would add the diacritics to the font file(s) you would provide me with. Let me know please, if this makes sense to you.

At the moment there is around 1000 lines of text and so far I think I have around 20% done (although I admit so far it was mostly tooltips and menu).. So far there isn't a lot of text so I think translating itself won't be much of a problem and I should be able to handle it on my own within few days. Maybe if there is a time when developers add huge chunks of text e.g. lore then second opinion would be valuable. On the other hand I'd really like to take you up on your proofreading offer. I am notorious with forgetting to add comas and as I am aware of that I try to overcompensate and those show up in strange places ^^".

That said I'm really stumped with translating one word lol It is "dungeon" technically it is "loch" but in Polish that implies a prison-like structure which doesn't IMO fit the game. I've settled with "podziemia" for now but I am open to suggestion. I was considering "ruiny" (ruins) which would not be 100% accurate but IMO sounds better but for now I decided to be as accurate as possible. I think I'd like to reserve the option to PM you if I have some doubts about translating specific lines if you don't mind.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 1:58:04 PM
I am all in! You can PM me any time and I will try to come back to you ASAP with any comments I might have.

About the translation of DUNGEON - I think that "podziemia" is the most versatile translation we might have in Polish, considering what the dungeons in DotE in fact are. I really like your translation here.

So, again, give me a shout via PM (or Skype: aorman or GG: 177729) and I shall answer it. One last thing, though. I am currently on holidays and will be coming bacl to Warsaw in two week. As you can see, I can read messages and post them, by the possibilities of meeting/chatting with my work buddies (getting us a proofreader) are currently somewhat limited.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 2:26:33 PM
After looking through text I think there is not much need for professional proofreading just yet. I was mostly thinking about the other set of eyes looking at the text at this point. I feel that there will be enough time until release so we will be able to iron all the kinks out ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 24, 2021, 8:59:10 AM

Prośba. jesli ma ktos polskie tłumaczenie, spolszczenie do Dungeon of the Endless - bardzo proszę o udostępnienie, wskazanie gdzie mozna pobrać. Będę bardzo, bardzo wdzięczny. :-)

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message