Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Sudden, Strange Problem with Powering Rooms

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
May 15, 2019, 4:01:31 AM

Hello,

My brother and I decided to play Dungeon of the Endless together on our two Windows PCs, our first time playing co-op (and playing this game, period) since about a year ago (iirc). I started it up on my usual gaming laptop, the same one I've used to play it many times (Windows 8.1). He, meanwhile, downloaded a fresh install onto his new desktop computer (Windows 10), having previously played it with me on his old, now-broken laptop (Windows 8.1) last year.

I play using keyboard, he plays using an XBox One controller. We left the default configurations, which we'd always used, and he started a game which I joined.

Immediately, we noticed that we were both unable to power rooms. We checked the control layouts, and made sure we were hitting the right buttons. Me: Left-Ctrl or Right-Ctrl. Him: Right bumper. They did nothing.

Eventually after he mashed all his buttons, he was able to get it to work with his left D-Pad button. Which is supposed to use a character ability. Huh.

I tried reassigning my keybinding to something else in the Options menu (especially since I saw that the default has a possible conflict; the Ctrl buttons are also supposed to select a Hero Group or something???), then I tried the newly mapped button... Still couldn't power a room.

Everything else seemed to work just fine, as far as I could tell. We didn't see any update downloading or anything when we started the game, so I assume a patch didn't accidentally break something since we last played. But we're just stumped!

Two different systems, two different control types, and yet mutually it's room-powering that exactly went wrong for both of us.

We tried to restart a few times, it did nothing. I closed out and tried single-player running as Administrator. Nothing. Ran Steam as administrator as well, also nothing. I checked the Diagnostics in Documents\Dungeon of the Endless\Temporary Files, nothing looked like the culprit.

I hope whatever's going on can be found out and fixed soon; we were really in the mood to play. :(

My full PC specs:
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit OS, x64-based processor)

Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

16 GB RAM

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (And I run the game at the same)

And I'm pretty sure these are the base specs on my bro's computer:
HP - OMEN by HP Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 1TB Hard Drive

Game version: 1.1.5

Game Directory: Seems silly to make me upload a big honkin' zip file but here you go I guess: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr2x3umsy1brsx1/Dungeon%20of%20the%20Endless.zip?dl=0

(I'm assuming you want the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common , right? Cuz my computer doesn't have a just plain "\Dungeon of the Endless" directory.

If you need my brother's I'll get him to upload it too.

Not sure if a screenshot's relevant; not like you can see me clicking the Ctrl buttons and nothing happening, lol. But here's proof that it's how my control menu's set to default: 

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 15, 2019, 7:28:40 AM

I played recently on a fresh install and for keyboard/mouse I used the mousewheel click for room powering. I did not changed any binding.

Hope it helps.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message