Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Game Crashes when entering floor 8

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Oct 14, 2022, 2:53:10 AM

Hi, first post. Please find below the link to Google Drive for the crash logs and the bug description, as per instructed in Steam forums. I ignore if the procedure to report has changed, I apologise if it has.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qVxoyQqmixTR5Y1Zl4c84txFrrD9UVf_?usp=sharing

As a brief summary, the game crashes when I successfully clear floor 7 and attempt to enter floor 8.

The issue first happened yesterday and I was unable to continue the savegame. Additionally, all my progress with the heroes I had rescued on both saves was lost.

It happened again today at the same point in the game, so I decided to report it.

I should clarify that the installation is not native, as I installed it last week (while running Windows 7) on an HDD where I keep (part of) my Steam library. As I installed Windows 10 on a separate SSD from the one with Win7, I instructed Steam to import the existing library on the HDD. The game always ran perfectly on Windows 7, same hardware specs as today, except for the C drive.

I doubt this has anything to do with crashing on a specific level but FYI nevertheless. I will erase it and make a fresh install tomorrow running from Windows 10 and will update on whether the issue persists or not.

On a final note, while browsing for the savegames I found 3 ".bac" files. I will attempt to restore them tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 19, 2022, 11:40:11 AM

So I have made a clean install on Windows 10 but the crashes persist. Some happen when trying to exit level 6, today it crashed when trying to exit level 8.

I have tried to save and exit, and then reload the game after clearing each floor, in case a crash happened. But the game seems to be decided to erase my progress, meaning I cannot continue from an earlier checkpoint.

It has also crashed when playing online, although the host was able to continue playing and I was able to reconnect. However, during that multiplayer match, items would randomly become invisible in my inventory and I would be unable to equip them or move them into the shared stash. When the host gifted me a hero, it would have no gear and basic stats. If I were to return the hero, it would revert to having the proper gear and updated stats accordingly.

The game is completely unplayable and unwinnable as it is. I cannot even unlock any characters. I have provided in my previous post a detailed account of the bug plus all the required information and files. Can anyone please help? Thanks

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 22, 2023, 6:45:21 PM

Yeah, with my friend we hope that they will fix their multiplayer game.  We will look for other player to see if their the co-op on endless dungeons will work before buying

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message