Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Are KIP modules OP?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 7:03:54 AM
So I've noticed that ever since I started using KIP modules my games have been significantly easier. This could be because at the time of using KIP modules I also significantly learned how to play (it happens at times, you just 'click', but I don't think so in this case).

I very much suspect KIP modules to be overpowered compared to the other offensive modules available, even the level 1 kip. At 40 Science, which is my average standing science (it often goes higher between research nodes), those kip modules do 32 damage/second, have 3 of those in a room and you are doing 96 damage. It also seems it has a AOE or can hit multiple targets, I'm not sure on that though.

At 100 science they do 80 damage each at level 1.

I think the science multiplier used needs to be nerfed just a little (or the other modules buffed). So at level it does 0.6 X Science damage. That or reduce it's cap.

Thoughts?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 7:30:39 AM
I would like to see it have a smaller multiplier with a much larger or no cap. the smaller the cap, the more it might as well not having anything to do with science in the first place. one minor problem at the moment is that science is the hardest resource to spend, making it the easiest to stockpile (or ignore). if science was sufficiently in demand and the gun had a really high or no cap (but more gradual damage increase), then it would be much more of a trade-off and a benefit to those who forsake other things to accumulate science. (Thinking of it, I think the best way to increase the demand for science would be to increase the cost of research.)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 6:42:20 AM
Want op? Seblasters and neurostuns. Bam. Three, even two rooms of these guys, and you can grab the crystal, and just sit there. Nothing will get to you.

Silic minor module destroyers, you say? Room full of tesla modules, I reply! Have a lan module built somewhere? Good! You have twenty minutes of monster murdering fun, without even the press of a button.

THAT is op. Kip have a slow fire rate and are amazing, but they won't rack up 1000 kills per floor. It also seems that module kills yield more dust. I get obscene amounts of dust this way without my heroes doing anything but operating.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 6:44:53 AM
First time I won was from industry stacking and building neurostuns and seblasters in litterally every lit room. Took the challenge out of things. Don't use em as much anymore.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 22, 2014, 3:23:48 AM
Think_Blindly wrote:
Want op? Seblasters and neurostuns. Bam. Three, even two rooms of these guys, and you can grab the crystal, and just sit there. Nothing will get to you.

Silic minor module destroyers, you say? Room full of tesla modules, I reply! Have a lan module built somewhere? Good! You have twenty minutes of monster murdering fun, without even the press of a button.

THAT is op. Kip have a slow fire rate and are amazing, but they won't rack up 1000 kills per floor. It also seems that module kills yield more dust. I get obscene amounts of dust this way without my heroes doing anything but operating.

QFT, although I take a more reactionary approach. Seblaster if the types of enemies present on the floor are more numerous/weak than they are singular and powerful. Seblaster may have "infinite" damage as all AOE attacks do, but there are certainly cases where KIP will do more overall DPS than Seblaster.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message