Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Unlocking Esseb Tarosh

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 27, 2018, 1:59:34 AM

Frogsquadron wrote:

To unlock Esseb Tarosh, you need to complete his quest, which triggers from turn 85 on Normal speed, turn 43 on Fast. This quest can only trigger during our annual Endless week, which is from January 21st, at 00:00:01, until January 25th at 11:59:59.

So, it seems that there is more to this character than simply playing with a given date on your clock. Does anyone know exactly what his quest is, or what specifically needs to be done?

Also, when a developer talks about a given turn on normal speed or fast speed, does that mean so many doors on too easy or easy? ("Easy" equals "fast"?)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 27, 2018, 4:32:47 PM

I think Frogsquadron was talking about the archivist hero in Endless Space 2 there (hence the talk of speed, turns and quest).

To unlock Esseb Tarosh permanently in DotE, you just need to complete three consecutive floors with him during the Endless Week (messing with your computer clock works as well). If the time is right, he should be available as a starting hero.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 27, 2018, 8:09:56 PM

The problem is, he does not even show up on my character selection screen when I set the date back.

To clarify, setting the date back to January of this year does not have him show up.

Setting the date back to January 2015 results in steam not launching because the signature is invalid.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 27, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

Just tried with a new save (since I already unlocked him before) and putting the clock to January 22nd of this year, it did actually work for me. His icon should be slightly blinking, in between Kreyang and Dell. Other than that, I have no idea.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 28, 2018, 2:31:39 AM

Odd.

Previously, I had set the date to January 24

date 01241842

But it did not unlock him. Following your instruction, I tried January 22, and it did work.

The instructions that I had seen said that any date between the 22nd and the 25th was going to work, and since I tried this on March 24, I figure January 24 was the simplest way to go.

All right, time to go three floors. Too easy. How hard can it be?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 28, 2018, 2:48:23 AM

Oh this is perfect. My second random character is the pug!

I have saved this game. I will stream it tomorrow.

http://tinyurl.com/keybounce2 (redirects to YouTube)

https://discord.gg/UbpBEKt

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message