Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

[solved] No menu in the title screen

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Aug 16, 2018, 7:28:41 PM

DESCRIPTION 

First time opening the game the menu worked fine. Changed resolution to 4k (to apply DSR on my 1080p monitor) then menu disappeared. Ever since game gets stuck on start screen because no menu loads. Music and animations seem to be fine, but nothing else appears. The only interactible thing is the exit menu by pressing Esc. I tried EVERYTHING I found on the internet - edited and deleted Registry.xml, added steam launch options, ran as administrator, reinstalled while using ccleaner to clean registry a few dozen times, even tried to roll back to version 1.0.88 that's available in the Steam betas tab. Nothing worked.

YOUR SPECS 

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, 1080p monitor/native resolution. AMD FX6300 processor, ZOTAC GTX 770 2GB, 8GB DDR3 RAM. Game is installed in a 5400 RPM desktop 1,5TB HD.

VERSION

Literally cannot see. It's on Steam, so I suppose it's the latest?

GAME DIRECTORY

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CGYckujVs9_kTajV0J82N_-zI2DZLBaX

SCREENSHOTS

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 16, 2019, 6:57:10 AM

Finally solved. After more than a year I've found brendonmac86's resolution on the Steam forums.

"After I set the game to a 4k resolution it wouldn't allow me to get past the title screen or even access the settings. To fix this, go to "Documents" -> "Dungeon of the Endless" -> "Users" -> "(bunch of numbers)" -> "Registry". Open the Registry in notepad and change the resolution's height/width (ought to be in the first few lines of text), save and start the game. Hopefully this helps someone else who'd nearly given up!"

Hope this helps if anyone find themselves in the same rut we did.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Nov 26, 2019, 12:16:10 AM

Same problem, almost the same time wating an answer, same solution!!

Thank you a lot!

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message