Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Catalina?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 28, 2019, 3:36:03 PM

Is there any chance this is going to get an update for Catalina? I'm not very optimistic, but the iPad version does still run (even though it seems to be gone from the store), so presumably there is 64bit code...

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 10, 2019, 9:22:33 AM

Oh, so Dungeon is affected as well... I'd need to double-check with our producers if there's a 64-bit version of Dungeon. But if there is, I can tell you that we have had tremendous problems with Steam deciding to use the wrong version on Catalina with both ES2 and Legend, so if there is a 64 bit version of Dungeon, the same might be true there.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 12, 2019, 4:29:27 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Oh, so Dungeon is affected as well... I'd need to double-check with our producers if there's a 64-bit version of Dungeon. But if there is, I can tell you that we have had tremendous problems with Steam deciding to use the wrong version on Catalina with both ES2 and Legend, so if there is a 64 bit version of Dungeon, the same might be true there.

From my experiance, ES2 and Legend both actually run fine. Steam just reports that they won't. Devs on other games where I've seen the same issue have said it was just a metadata issue on the Steam side, and easy to fix. Dungeon of the Endless actually won't start at all. The application is the problem.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 31, 2019, 1:12:44 PM

Happy new year to everyone! It would be great to start new year with 64bit support for Dungeon of the Endless. As fellow Dungeon of the Endless player above mentioned, the application is seems to be 32bit indeed. We have experienced the same issue with Steam release of our game as well. After uploading versions again for both 32 and 64, the issue solved itself automatically. If Dungeon of the Endless already have 64bit support for MacOS, uploading it to steam repo might solve the issue as far as we have experienced.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 12, 2020, 10:00:38 AM

I unfortunately don't ahve a Mac device to test this on myself, but EL and ES2 plaeyrs with similar problems have reported that manually running the Mono installer solved the problem for them, so perhaps it willb e effective for Dungeon of the Endless as well.

Could you check if there is a file with a name like "MonoFramework-MDK-4.8.0.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg" in your Dungeon of the Endless folder?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 22, 2020, 11:18:52 AM

Hi, 

I have a Macbook running on Catalina that suffers from this problem and I can confirm that there is no file called MonoFramework-MD-*.pkg in the Dungeon of the Endless folder.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 22, 2020, 11:19:43 AM

If you need any help / file listings etc, I'll do anything I can to help, as I love this game to bits!

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 1, 2020, 3:46:10 PM

Hey, I could not find the pkg as well. However, running the executable located in app throws error in terminal: bad cpu type. It seems like it is 32 bit. Please let me know if I can help you with anything - would love to play DotE with Catalina

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 11:44:36 AM

I've had a chance to talk to the producers, and they told me that Dungeon of the Endless itself should be 64 bit compatible. We are suspecting that this may be a similar issue to what is happening with Endless LEgend and Endless Space 2, where Steam does not supply the correct version of the Mono framework.

The way our players solved this was by manually removing the old version of mono and installing the proper Mac version of Mono.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 4, 2020, 10:49:34 AM

There is no mono installation on the system, when i went to run the uninstall scripts nothing was there.

I still manually installed the mono framework 6.8.0 but it does not make any difference.

The binary that Steam downloads is still reporting itself as 32-bit.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 4, 2020, 1:31:07 PM

I have an old macbook pro too, this is running Mojave and complaining that it wants to be upgraded to catalina, here is a screenshot from the activity monitor showing the 32-bit exe of Dungeon of the Endless.  

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 4, 2020, 1:32:40 PM

Hi, not sure if this is helpful, maybe only the windows 64-bit stuff has been updated and not the MacOs version?

Have a quick look at that steamworks partner link below that describes the requriements for getting a 64-bit exe onto Steam. 

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/platforms 

[EDIT] And thank you for your efforts to help with this,honestly I greatly appreciate it!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 19, 2020, 3:50:10 AM

Any update on this? I'm stuck at home and would love to play this with some friends.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 30, 2020, 6:39:12 PM

I'd also like to bump this. Dungeon of the Endless is my favorite game from this studio and it's a huge bummer to lose it on the Catalina upgrade, especially since it sounds like the only thing between us and a 64-bit Mac build is Amplitude deciding to upload it to Steam. :-(

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 30, 2020, 10:29:16 PM

If you would like to run 32-bit apps on macOS Catalina or higher, there are a couple of options. Apple unofficially recommends either that you keep an old Mac on hand that runs a pre-Catalina version of the OS or that you partition your current Mac so that it can start up with an older macOS version as well as Catalina. Both methods work (tested). If you don't want to do spend the time or effort to do this, you can get Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion; these programs are designed mostly for running Windows on a Mac, but you can also use them to create a virtual machine that runs macOS in a window on your Mac desktop. Parallels is easiest to use, but VMware Fusion isn't far behind. These softwares aren't free, sadly.

Until the Devs figure out a way to port 64-bit to Mac's version of Steam, these are workarounds that you can try. If any other games are having the same issue, these workarounds work for them too.

Have a nice day, and stay safe :)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 2, 2020, 5:59:28 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I've had a chance to talk to the producers, and they told me that Dungeon of the Endless itself should be 64 bit compatible. We are suspecting that this may be a similar issue to what is happening with Endless LEgend and Endless Space 2, where Steam does not supply the correct version of the Mono framework.

The way our players solved this was by manually removing the old version of mono and installing the proper Mac version of Mono.

Unfortunately, the DoE binary is a 32-bit executable, so updating the Mono framework won't help.  The executable itself needs to be updated to 64-bit as well, or rather, Steam needs to correctly download the 64-bit version of the executable.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 2, 2020, 6:05:43 PM

Silly question, but did the producer remember to check the 64-bit binary checkbox for DoE?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/3632639303428097613

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message