Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Dungeon of the Endless
Universe banner wording

Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ is a Rogue-Like Dungeon-Defense hybrid game, in which your team of heroes must protect the generator of their crashed ship while finding their way out!

Dungeon of the endless : new game = black screen on iPad Pro 11 iOS 13.2 please help

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Nov 1, 2019, 7:46:08 PM

Hi, I'm happy to see Dungeon of the endless on IOS again.  I reinstalled the game but it does not work.  when I start a new game, I get a black screen and a sound that seems to loop.  I tried to close the application and restart.  I erase and download but the problem persists.  I use an iPad Pro 11 and iOS is up to date: IPadOS 13.2.  Note that the game does not look appropriate for the screen of the iPad Pro 11. I hope you will be able to correct this malfunction.  I was really disappointed not to see the game on the AppStore and I hope to play it again.  it's an excellent adaptation.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Nov 4, 2019, 4:39:29 PM

Ah, it is indeed great to see it back! I only looked the other day, to see if it was working, because the iPad version must presumably be 64bit, unlike the Mac version which currently isn't working on Catalina. I was sad it had gone, because it's perfect for the platform. Perhaps Apple Arcade is making premium games more viable again? That would be good...

But sadly, yes, can confirm I see the same issue on iPadOS 13.1.3 on an iPad Air 2.

However, I do seem to have a workaround! Interacting with the iPadOS in any way that doesn't send it back to the home screen seems to 'wake' the game from whatever is causing it to stall. So, adjusting the volume using the hardware buttons, or (and this seems to be the most effective) opening and closing Control Centre by swiping down from the top right. That will then trigger the intro sequence, which will lead to the pod select screen. After that, the game goes black again before the crash sequence, and the process must be repeated to nudge it on again. I've not yet played though a whole floor to test whether it happens again at the end of the level. I wonder whether something in the full screen cutscene system is causing it?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Nov 5, 2019, 11:13:06 PM

It works but no Easy. For me, here's how I should proceed: I can resume a game without problem.  to start a new game, I have the black screen during the cutscene.  I have to press the home button to go back to the iPadOS desktop and go back to the game to get the ship and character selection screen.  I start the game and again black screen.  I have to repeat the operation.  When I finally arrive in the game, I have no sound, or music.  I have to kill the application and restart the game actually continue to finally play.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 18, 2022, 4:42:52 AM

Luckily, I was about to download it to my IOS when I came across this post with an error while downloading. I just bought an Iphone 13. But I still want to download it. I'm still wondering if I will get the same error. It's sad to get the same error and not be able to join the game. Or should I play it on my old smartphone?

lolbeans

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 22, 2022, 7:51:25 AM

This thread was about the old ‘Dungeon of the Endless’ iPad app, published by Amplitude. It’s since been rereleased as ‘Dungeon of the Endless: Apogee’ by Playdigious for all mobile platforms with all the DLC (apart from the one with the TF2 characters) included. As long as you get that version you should be fine. On iPad Air 4 I get some minor text display bugs, but nothing that’s not manageable, especially if you’re familiar with the desktop version. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message