Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

What's the difference?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 3:50:31 PM

I might have not researched enough but what exactly will make this roguelike different from others?

I love Roguelikes and i'm a sucker for the endless universe but will there be more reasons to play?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 4:27:36 PM

There's some distinction to be made between a roguelike (a game where little-to-no progress is carried after death) and a roguelite (a game that uses "death" as a way of advancing the player).

Regardless of this distinction, I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. Roguelites feature replayability through allowing rewards to carry over between deaths, while making the gameplay overall harder to reward the player for getting better, rather than taking a narrative approach where each obstacle needs to be approachable by the casual player to experience the story.

Therefore, the reason to play would be the gameplay loop. That is to say, the reason would be that you like semi-top-down tactical shooters, unlike the gameplay of, say, Dead Cells which is a 2D action-platformer and a roguelite.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 11, 2021, 1:24:32 PM

Yes, I am not trying to be rude, but this question is not really different from just asking "what exactly will make this game different from the others?". For me, it's too early to know what sets this game apart, from what I can see because I don't have enough specific gameplay info yet.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 2:17:15 AM
If you need some games to compare this one to, judging from the gameplay trailer, this comes closest to Alien Swarm (that game is ancient) or Livelock (relatively unknown but very close mechanically). This genre desperately needs another strong competitor, and Endless Dungeon might just be that.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 9, 2021, 2:12:37 PM

I've made a liitle research about your question. Try to read this source: https://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/5fmwqa/gearhead_rpg_im_down_to_a_torso_an_arm_a_leg_and/

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message