Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Local Co-Op

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 3, 2022, 4:27:37 PM

Very sad to hear watching the stream just now that this won’t have local co-op. Was it previously advertised as having local co-op, or did I just assume because it looks so much like a game designed for shared screen play?

I love the Endless universe, and particularly love Dungeon of the Endless, so was really looking forward to this. But if I’m going to play a multiplayer focused game I need to be able to play it with my family. ☹️

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 4, 2022, 7:44:45 AM

Local co-op is something we considered (because playing Endless Dungeon with your friend sitting on the same couch would be awesome), but right now we're not sure if we could deliver this without compromising other parts of the game. So sadly, I'm afraid it's not terribly likely at the moment.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2022, 7:01:12 AM
AlphariusXXII wrote:

I guess this also means that LAN Co-Op won't be possible either?

If you have different computers and accounts you can play together. When Co-op we refers to split/divide screen

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 24, 2022, 11:43:56 AM
TonyDaebak wrote:

And laying it offline without internet but with Lan, same wifi? many others game have that possibility.

Needs to be online. It's because we need to connect to EOS (player profile) and the Lobby/Matchmaking

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 19, 2022, 8:37:55 AM

What if the local coop doesn't divide the screen and both just need to play on the same area.

It wont be as much fun but at least two local player could be possible.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 29, 2022, 7:55:34 AM

I understand that it won't be a goal initially, ED would however be a magical couch friend gatherer by itself. There are few games today that really encourage friends to meet physically and work together towards a common goal.

Also since ED attracts several types of players it's a great teambuilder as well.

The latest version also have several QoL-improvements over the latter, I hope this experience will be truly endless for me.

How far does the current roadmap reach into the future?

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 30, 2023, 10:58:14 AM

It has now been about a year since the stream in which it was asked if there would be a possibility of local co-op or not. I understand that much of the game's design has been built with having one 1 player per screen, but it seems like such a waste of potential to me. 

I have been such a massive advocate of Amplitude games to my friends in the past, especially Endless Space 2 and Endless Legend, for if they want to play a solo 4X game. However, my friends and I play a LOT of Gauntlet: Slayer Edition still to this day for one reason and only one reason: it is a way of playing a game together while in the same room. As soon as I saw that Endless Dungeon was going to be made, I got my friends excited about the possibility of having a new Gauntlet-style game to play together that isn't nearly 10 years old. Seeing the gameplay of Endless Dungeon, it seems like it would have been explicitly designed for a co-op experience. And, given the fact that the idea is to try and do matchmaking with other players to play with you, it is clear that playing with others is an active goal for the developers...As such, I simply cannot understand why local co-op has not been planned for the game. 

Sadly, I will not be buying the game until it does have a local co-op option (even if that means waiting for a console port of the game to have that happen). I will just have to wait for whatever Amplitude put out next and hope that it doesn't also have a design choice that I simply cannot understand. 

0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 30, 2023, 2:08:38 PM

It's already supposed to be coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, and Switch day one.

0Send private message
9 months ago
Aug 13, 2023, 10:38:55 PM

This game will be around forever if they add the local co-op option. It doesn’t need to be split, tethered would work perfectly fine. Revival would work. This game is perfect for it. If it doesn’t have local co-op you know this game will slip into those games no one ever heard of unfortunately. It doesn’t matter how long it takes 

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 15, 2023, 8:03:04 PM

For being “designed as a multiplayer experience from the ground up,” not having local coop is unfathomable to me. I was so excited when I saw an advertisement for this game and immediately began checking to see if I could play this with my sons. Without that key feature, I will not be buying this game. It seems like a no brainier; the game seems made for it. What a tragic decision to not include “couch coop”

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 17, 2023, 10:35:31 PM

I bought the game because i want to support the idea behind it, but to be honest nothing could be more dissapointing than not having Couch Co-op, sadly i cannot recommended to my friends if the option doesn't exist, i will try to get a refund since i will not be playing the game by my own :/

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 22, 2023, 7:37:33 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
TonyDaebak wrote:

And laying it offline without internet but with Lan, same wifi? many others game have that possibility.

Needs to be online. It's because we need to connect to EOS (player profile) and the Lobby/Matchmaking

Yes, we know it needs to connect to some server somewhere in order for us to play the game with friends.

The real question is, why would you even design the game in that manner in the first place? Unless the entire intent of the design was to *prevent* offline/Lan play?

But of course if you just come out and say "Because we don't want you to play the game without buying it, and we don't want you to play with your friends unless you connect to our servers.", it doesn't sound like a very good gamer friendly design, does it?

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 22, 2023, 7:43:05 PM
Dudette92 wrote:

It has now been about a year since the stream in which it was asked if there would be a possibility of local co-op or not. I understand that much of the game's design has been built with having one 1 player per screen, but it seems like such a waste of potential to me. 

I have been such a massive advocate of Amplitude games to my friends in the past, especially Endless Space 2 and Endless Legend, for if they want to play a solo 4X game. However, my friends and I play a LOT of Gauntlet: Slayer Edition still to this day for one reason and only one reason: it is a way of playing a game together while in the same room. As soon as I saw that Endless Dungeon was going to be made, I got my friends excited about the possibility of having a new Gauntlet-style game to play together that isn't nearly 10 years old. Seeing the gameplay of Endless Dungeon, it seems like it would have been explicitly designed for a co-op experience. And, given the fact that the idea is to try and do matchmaking with other players to play with you, it is clear that playing with others is an active goal for the developers...As such, I simply cannot understand why local co-op has not been planned for the game. 

Sadly, I will not be buying the game until it does have a local co-op option (even if that means waiting for a console port of the game to have that happen). I will just have to wait for whatever Amplitude put out next and hope that it doesn't also have a design choice that I simply cannot understand. 

When SEGA bought up a few game development companies, all of a sudden on Steam, LAN play was retroactively removed from some games.

Dawn of War II was one of them, the game had been out for 7 years already and one day, they came out with an update that removed LAN play.

No reason for the update was given, there wasn't even patch notes for it, LAN was just gone. 

Since then, anytime SEGA publishes a game, I just assume it's not going to have LAN/Local Play because of SEGA's policies. 

I'm sure the only reason this game has Denuvo, is because of SEGA.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 19, 2023, 2:07:44 PM

IS ANYONE OUT THERE STILL READING THIS.

I just bought this game for my 9 year old step-son assuming we could play it together.  The game looks fantastic.  It also looks like someone must have been high out of their mind to release this without a local multi-player option.  How hard can it be to let a 2nd controller control the teammate?  Just tether to player 1.  It can't be that hard to implement.

Like someone said above - this single feature could make this game an absolute classic. I played dungeon of the endless and loved it - I just naturally assumed turning it into a twin-stick shooter meant multi-player would be incorporated (if not the focus).

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 3, 2024, 3:07:53 PM
traycrayx wrote:

What if the local coop doesn't divide the screen and both just need to play on the same area.

Then it won't be the same game. Not saying it is a bad option, but then you will remove the exploration phase, like hey can you go there while I do X and will diminish the player experience for the rest of the group.

We mentioned this before but we had this in mind at the beginning but during the development, it was not feasible.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 12, 2024, 12:29:48 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
traycrayx wrote:

Then it won't be the same game. Not saying it is a bad option, but then you will remove the exploration phase, like hey can you go there while I do X and will diminish the player experience for the rest of the group.

We mentioned this before but we had this in mind at the beginning but during the development, it was not feasible.

Brother, does it justify not having local coop at all? You guys are getting an enormous feedback from your community that we would immensely prefer being tethered and maybe "losing" what you call the exploration phase over not having local coop.

There's father and son, boyfriend and girlfriend, brothers, friends combos that wish we could just sit down side by side and enjoy your game, that's an really, reaaaally bad design decision
That kind of poor decision making is just guaranteeing an early grave for the game we all know you guys worked hard for.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message