Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Image compression in comic book PDFs

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 26, 2023, 3:18:16 PM

Does anyone else find the amount of image compression in the comic book PDFs to be really annoying?  All of the blurred/jagged edges and weird pixel compression patterns are not visually appealing at all.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 31, 2023, 1:05:38 PM
SpikedWallMan wrote:

Does anyone else find the amount of image compression in the comic book PDFs to be really annoying?  All of the blurred/jagged edges and weird pixel compression patterns are not visually appealing at all.

is it on all the comics or a specific one? so we can take a look at it.
The compression is due to platform limitation, but if the quality is that bad I can check with the team if we can do something about it

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 31, 2023, 10:07:58 PM

It's all of the comics.  For just a few very obvious examples: the images of Zed on Page 2 and Page 5 of Shroom's comic look really compressed/blurry as do the details of Zed's face in the close-up on Page 3, there is a lot of compression going on in the photo that Bunker is holding on Page 2 and Page 3 of the Bunker comic, and you can see a lot of checkerboard compression patterns in the tan background and in the monument on Page 4 of Fassie's comic.  That's just a few examples but all of the artwork looks "crunchy" in general like everything was compressed using JPEG before being added to the PDFs.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 13, 2024, 2:47:41 PM

Agreed, it annoys me too. Sometimes I feel like they took the pictures from the monitor screen with a phone camera. It was as if they did everything in a hurry, relying on the rule “it will do”, as if people wouldn’t notice. Because it would be strange to make a comic book specifically skimping on quality. I understand that this is not the most important thing in comics, but still... This is art, not some kind of cheap stuff. I'd rather spend more time and get a good product than look at these blurry pictures. If the service https://ca.edubirdie.com/, from whom I order my essays, didn't do their job properly, I would stop contacting them. Because I don't really like receiving a mediocre product, and I know that there are people who appreciate it and try to make it better. We don't want to be deceived and disappointed. We want to enjoy comics that are worthy of our attention

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message