Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Ridiculous visual style

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 12, 2021, 2:37:36 AM

I just watched the trailer. What a disgrace! The visual style is so cloying and sugary that it makes me want to vomit. It seems that the character designer was inspired by the wretched nonsense like "Fartnite" and "Dota". Otherwise, I simply can't imagine where else it was possible to plagiarize such a lazy and shabby style. The same can be said for animation. It is lazily and carelessly executed. Insects that move their limbs while standing still? Are you serious?

Should I tell you what you're trying to do here, Amplitude? Reveal a secret? You have cobbled together a MOBILE GAME and made sure that it works fine on Android and Apple devices. You don't seem to be alarmed about the fact that the game looks disgusting on PC and consoles, because loyal fans will still buy this piece of sh@t.

I don't pre-order often, but I was going to pre-order Endless Dungeon as soon as it became available. Until I saw the trailer. Now I have no desire to make a purchase. Utter disappointment.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 3:46:51 PM

Even looking back now I feel like we're been looking at different games, the art felt like a sweet mix of the geometric art deco from Transistor but gorgeous colour direction & palettes plus the original Dungeon of the Endless.. I don't see DOTA or Fortnite at all? Can you give some examples/comparisons on what you mean? 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 7, 2022, 12:57:20 AM

I actually really love the art style, I dig the animations and the words that come out give it a comicbook feel, the ultimites and the abilities look great too.   This post feels like a massive troll.  Dota a bad game with bad heroes?  Ok bud.  Bye then? 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Aug 24, 2023, 6:07:02 AM

I agree. I've been a massive fan of DotE for many years. This falls short on every level, especially the character design. Communist robot wearing pink? Tiny, obese plague doctor? I expected more from the Endless series. We're very far from the brilliant characters in their previous games. 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 8, 2023, 9:14:45 PM

I really like the art style of the game. The game has its own touch and it looks beautiful even though the graphics aren't high-end which is an accomplishment by itself.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 8, 2023, 9:28:40 PM

While I definitely prefer the chunky pixel art style of DotE, the style used in ED feels fitting for the game style.

That said, regardless of opinion, your post is structured like an attack or a childish tantrum rather than constructive criticism. If you want your post to be taken seriously I recommend you grow up, OP.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 5, 2023, 9:59:16 PM

The stylized realistic art-style has been around for at least a decade or two and has nothing to do with Overwatch, Dota or Fortnite - if anything those games borrowed an arstyle that was relatively niche back then, but plagiarize is a terrible word to use here frankly, really not sure if that's what you wanted.

The style has nothing to do with mobile games though - It's unfortunate if you don't like it but it remains to be quite a popular direction for many games even on PC and Consoles.

Also remember that people put lots of time into all of this and some of your insults are extremely disrespectful to other human beings - regardless if the game's going to a popular or not.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message