Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Please add another difficulty

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 20, 2023, 1:17:48 AM

As thread title states, hard mode isn't hard enough for me and my friends; would be nice if there was a very hard mode.
I understand the game can be challenging enough for most people and that's fine, you wouldn't have to play on very hard. But me and my friends would enjoy this game more if there was a greater challenge without needing to purposely handicap ourselves by limiting upgrades and such.

The biggest appeal of this game's predecessor, Dungeon of the Endless, for me and my friend group was it's difficulty. It would be great to see some more difficulty added to this game.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 20, 2023, 6:11:24 AM

I'd love to see a Very Hard Mode too where Door Resources are down to only +1 like in DOTE yeah!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 24, 2023, 7:49:49 PM

I agree, but I would not want to further limit resources. 

Properly using turrets and distributing upgrades between heroes to beat more and harder monsters is more fun than not being able to place anything, or be level 1-2 for the entire run.

Fewer resources would also mean the optimal strategy is to just run through and hope you get lucky enough to find the exit right away.

Opening more doors for extra resources should be a choice with payoffs (more resources, maybe good stuff you find behind the doors) and downsides (more monsters, maybe more different or shorter paths you have to defend).

Imo a higher difficulty should make you plan more, and play around turrets more instead of trying to get lucky so you can rely on heroes and use no resources.

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 7, 2023, 5:59:27 PM

I agree, one of my favourite things about Dungeon of the Endless was the fact you had very easy and easy, easy was actually quite difficult. It would be really nice if there was another difficulty that was actually very hard.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Dec 8, 2023, 10:40:48 AM
Frankamaxamus wrote:

I agree, one of my favourite things about Dungeon of the Endless was the fact you had very easy and easy, easy was actually quite difficult. It would be really nice if there was another difficulty that was actually very hard.

Have you tried the different beverages in hard? But I can agree that if you have enough experience in the game could be a bit easy. Something we have in mind for future updates alongside the replayability.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 13, 2024, 4:38:36 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

The team is working on having more options for the difficulty

My friends and I are very eager to see if there are any plans for this (beyond the tuning pass that was in November).
A significant difficulty increase would make this game incredible.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message