Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

There needs to be a dodge

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Oct 27, 2023, 6:58:32 AM

Real simple, dodge on a cool down, gives a second or half second of invulnerability, given to all players as a "o dang" button, to get out of trouble. With the ammount of aoe the bosses output, and the slow speeds the characters can go, it feels nessisary.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 27, 2023, 6:53:34 PM

The problem is that by traditional roguelite standarts everything in the game is slow. Dodgeroll would majorly trivialize the game, although I personally think it is a good idea - because it just feels good to dodge and adds interactibility. But in exchange I would suggest making enemies faster, stronger or changing ai of some of them to specifically target the core, since as it stands, a good player with a dodge roll could circumvent the entire turret part of the game alltogether.

Even then, as said, merely buffing enemies would not be enough, but forcing players into turret play might also feel extremely weird.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 27, 2023, 7:09:07 PM
Gladewalker wrote:

The problem is that by traditional roguelite standarts everything in the game is slow. Dodgeroll would majorly trivialize the game, although I personally think it is a good idea - because it just feels good to dodge and adds interactibility. But in exchange I would suggest making enemies faster, stronger or changing ai of some of them to specifically target the core, since as it stands, a good player with a dodge roll could circumvent the entire turret part of the game alltogether.

Even then, as said, merely buffing enemies would not be enough, but forcing players into turret play might also feel extremely weird.

The idea of "forcing" people into turret gameplay is already at play, it's in the core game design. You have resources to spend and places to plant turrets, corridors and lanes for enemies to travel through. All a dodge does is add a way for damage mitigation on cool down. Maybe the cooldown is longer, maybe the cool down is short, but it does not radically change the gameplay, it just adds to your toolkit.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 28, 2023, 1:38:30 AM

Personally I'd want a dodge that allows you to pass through enemies. A couple of times enemies pushed me into a corner and I had no escape

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 28, 2023, 3:22:42 AM

Right click is an OP knockback, and aoe are slow as can be. Dont want to sound like a douche but i think this is more of an skill/lack of practice issue. If you get cornered right click, and if you keep moving AOE literally wont hit you. 

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 28, 2023, 6:26:16 AM

A character with a dodge/teleport mechanic as active would be great, otherwise its not needed for everyone else.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 28, 2023, 2:35:10 PM

I don't think that with the current pace dodge for everyone is good. Maybe for some future character that would focus on light weapons/melee and dodging.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 4:16:25 PM
Darkvramp wrote:

Real simple, dodge on a cool down, gives a second or half second of invulnerability, given to all players as a "o dang" button, to get out of trouble. With the ammount of aoe the bosses output, and the slow speeds the characters can go, it feels nessisary.

Sorry imo no. Endless Dungeon is a successor to Dungeon of the Endless which has no such feature. Personally I am so glad there is no "dodge/bunny hop/jump" mechanic as they are over done.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Oct 30, 2023, 8:35:40 PM
Darkvramp wrote:

There is one, it's called Ultimate.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 4, 2023, 7:32:59 PM

If the developers were to add a dodge, it might remove the strategic aspect of not getting cornered in the first place. Recognising an impending "cage" and thumbing that Alt-key is part of learning how to play. I think i-frames are really difficult things to balance in roguelites. Comparing it to Risk of Rain 2, for example, the Mercenary character feels quite invincible, to me.

0Send private message
6 months ago
Nov 9, 2023, 3:19:12 AM

there does not need to be a dodge, if you have trouble winning this is an issue of skill, the game is plenty easy already. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message