Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Mykara overgrown cities

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Feb 28, 2020, 2:37:31 PM

Im new to the game and those mushrooms are really intrestring ones, but few bugs preventing me to enjoy them:

1. For the unknown reason i can't destroy overgrown cities. At first the button is grey and it says that "you can use this opption once you've symbiosis-ed the city, it will happen in 5 rounds" or something like that, but 5 turns later, as well as 60 and more turns later the button stays grey. It is indeed a problem, when it takes to empire plan cost, empire mood (in the main city) and some little annoying army, trying to capture the area. With an option to get rid of an unnecessary towns Mykara faction can be much better.

2. I can't pass through faction quest "City in Amber", that requires you to overgrown a city. Even if i already had one, and even if i capture a new one and wait until it starts to give symbiosis bonuses.

3. I haven't investigated it much, but maybe if you, as Mykara, will capture a city that has "Only one per empire" building then you cant create it in your main town, while it seems to give no bonuses while it in overgrown city and even if it is - such building would feel much safer in the main capital. So it is vulnerable, maybe useless and you cant nor destroy the building, nor destroy the whole town (see point 1).

All i have is core game in Steam and Symbiosis expansion from it. I would have bought another expansions aswell, but not when i can't enjoy my main faction.
In summ all of these is really frustrating.
Help :C

0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 28, 2020, 4:59:28 PM

1 and 2 are due to a bug that has to do with you not having the "shadows" dlc. 3. is arguably intended design (although admittedly a bit stupid in case of overgrown cities). 

There is a beta version of the community patch that fixes the bug that causes issue 1 and 2 (it wont fix your already overgrown cities, but it will fix new ones and ofcourse new savegames). If you are interested in that, here is the Beta 2.5.4.1 of the community patch: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lVsFbNNz9-rkCAqwRdZKKimYrJz8S14n

Note thopugh that the community patch makes a lot of changes (amongst them buffs for the Mykara ;)) and improves the AI. If you want to learn more about it, check out the official thread: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-legend/forums/15-modding/threads/30618-endless-legend-community-patch 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 2:53:01 PM

Thanks a lot!
"Shadows" helped with all the problems, though this is not great that bug fixes on one faction are hidden within the DLC to another.
I'll definitely try that community patch, i've heard a lot about it already, but at first i need to crush AI on the usual game so i could really feel the difference :)

Good luck!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 3:47:28 PM

Shadows is the older DLC, so it's less that the bugfix is hidden there, as this is a compatiblity issue that was overlooked. We know about it, but unfortunately I have no info fixes.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Mar 2, 2020, 4:02:26 PM
Mykomor wrote:

Thanks a lot!
"Shadows" helped with all the problems, though this is not great that bug fixes on one faction are hidden within the DLC to another.
I'll definitely try that community patch, i've heard a lot about it already, but at first i need to crush AI on the usual game so i could really feel the difference :)

Good luck!

This is a mistake that went unnoticed due to your configuration of DLC being unusual. Its not that the fix is "locked away" intentionally, and I assume it will be fixed in time.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message