Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Updating Accessories: items not shown

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jan 20, 2022, 9:47:45 PM

In the military screen (default f6), when utilizing the Unit Design screen and selecting a unit design,

- all new available armor and weapons are shown that can be placed on to existing slots for that unit, regardless of whether that unit already has an item in that slot or not -- WAI and fine

- but new available accesories are NOT shown UNLESS that unit has a FREE item slot (e.g. not already occupied by a previous lower-tiered item) -- this can't be WAI, as it is not only suboptimal but inconsistent with the above-described function for weapons and armor

Because of this, I had advanced two eras before I even realized that there is a new accesory (a "talisman") which gives +3 movement. I had not seen this accessory as available until I had accidentaly removed a ring from one of my units.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 21, 2022, 12:09:23 AM

Sadly it has always been like this and it's something you learn to always do, pull the old trinkets off to get an upgrade and try not to forget to do it.  It's very annoying until you learn, especially easy for forget the Dust XP trinkets you get at Era 4-6.

I think it has maybe already been requested as a fix for ELCP to implement but was too much work, I'm not sure though so you could ask Leader Enemy Boss on the ELCP Discord or here on this forum for help with it.  I would chime in with my support for a fix if it hasn't been brought up with him before.

I don't believe Amplitude will ever fix it, EL development was over before MT.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 21, 2022, 12:42:25 AM
hazmat22 wrote:

Sadly it has always been like this and it's something you learn to always do, pull the old trinkets off to get an upgrade and try not to forget to do it.  It's very annoying until you learn, especially easy for forget the Dust XP trinkets you get at Era 4-6.

I think it has maybe already been requested as a fix for ELCP to implement but was too much work, I'm not sure though so you could ask Leader Enemy Boss on the ELCP Discord or here on this forum for help with it.  I would chime in with my support for a fix if it hasn't been brought up with him before.

Thank you very much, that is interesting, if disappointing to know that this issue has been known about for a long time. I havent tried that patch yet since this is my first playthrough and I'm very new here, but I can try finding that thread and posting there. Hasnt that person also moved on now?

I don't understand your last sentence, what do you mean by MT?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 21, 2022, 6:59:32 PM
onomastikon wrote:
hazmat22 wrote:

Thank you very much, that is interesting, if disappointing to know that this issue has been known about for a long time. I havent tried that patch yet since this is my first playthrough and I'm very new here, but I can try finding that thread and posting there. Hasnt that person also moved on now?

MT = Monstrous Tales

LeaderEnemyBoss (LEB as many like to call him) is still continuing to support ELCP. Here is an invite to the ELCP Discord server where he posts official releases as well as beta versions of ELCP every now and then. I highly recommend playing with ELCP installed after your first playthrough of vanilla EL as ELCP provides many bug fixes and beneficial balance changes to the game.

https://discord.gg/GTF2vUKyRn

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 21, 2022, 9:47:34 PM

Alright thanks much appreciate it.

HeliumPrime wrote:
onomastikon wrote:
hazmat22 wrote:

MT = Monstrous Tales

LeaderEnemyBoss (LEB as many like to call him) is still continuing to support ELCP. Here is an invite to the ELCP Discord server where he posts official releases as well as beta versions of ELCP every now and then. I highly recommend playing with ELCP installed after your first playthrough of vanilla EL as ELCP provides many bug fixes and beneficial balance changes to the game.

When hazmat writes that EL was over before MT, I still don't entirely understand. If an expansion comes out, doesn't that mean that by definition the game is still being worked on? In any case I can hardly believr that bugs arent being at least addressed this close to the release of an expansion. I mean, I will believe it if you tell me, it just makes me confused. And I suppose I can stop posting bug reports then, right? I take it that despite all the "inclusion" stuff of games2gether that if what you say is true, the developers no longer read these forums?

thanks for clearing me up, sorry for my newbness

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 23, 2022, 5:50:17 PM
onomastikon wrote:

Alright thanks much appreciate it.

HeliumPrime wrote:
onomastikon wrote:
hazmat22 wrote:

MT = Monstrous Tales

When hazmat writes that EL was over before MT, I still don't entirely understand. If an expansion comes out, doesn't that mean that by definition the game is still being worked on? In any case I can hardly believr that bugs arent being at least addressed this close to the release of an expansion. I mean, I will believe it if you tell me, it just makes me confused. And I suppose I can stop posting bug reports then, right? I take it that despite all the "inclusion" stuff of games2gether that if what you say is true, the developers no longer read these forums?

thanks for clearing me up, sorry for my newbness

Please don't apologize for being a new player, I personally would love nothing more than to welcome many new players into our tiny community.

What hazmat meant is that Amplitude has effectively ended serious support and development of Endless Legend even before Monstrous Tales. The development work of Monstrous Tales may have even been outsourced to a 3rd party developer and not developed internally at Amplitude (I am not 100% sure but some players believe this), which would explain why there were so many bugs upon MT release compared to the state of previous EL expansions on release.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 25, 2022, 1:56:09 PM

Helium answered exactly as I would have since we've discussed this, lol

I think Amp is busy with trying to save Humankind, polish and finish Endless Dungeon and dear god I hope they have some small team starting on EL2 even now.

So the fact we got MT was amazing, but it was a dumpster fire on release and is still only worth playing with full ELCP installed.  Steam reviews are full of confused people with bugs playing Vanilla MT to this day sadly.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 25, 2022, 6:53:33 PM

Ok thanks. Not fixing horrid bugs once a modded already did the work - that doesn't sound responsible to me 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 25, 2022, 11:24:47 PM

Hey onomast, if you are interested in getting some games in with light tutoring (we answer questions as we play and we don't attack new/learning players), reply to this here and I'll drop a Discord invite to the server we play on =)

You ask lots of good questions about EL and want to learn, so we could help you learn EL much faster, or just give you some nice tips on your favourite faction.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 10:38:42 AM
hazmat22 wrote:

Hey onomast, if you are interested in getting some games in with light tutoring (we answer questions as we play and we don't attack new/learning players), reply to this here and I'll drop a Discord invite to the server we play on =)

You ask lots of good questions about EL and want to learn, so we could help you learn EL much faster, or just give you some nice tips on your favourite faction.

thanks much, I appreciate that. Don't mind joining on discord at all, but cannot commit to multiplayer at the moment, no offense, it's just a question of time. I am also happy to learn by doing and ask questions here :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 31, 2022, 3:59:19 AM

Yeah, the time commitment for EL is brutal sadly, it helps a bit to meet the other players and be able to agree on breaks and when to call it quits for the day and load another day.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message