Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

[Steam] No sound in cutscenes

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jan 26, 2022, 2:33:35 PM

Greetings,

Issue:  There is no sound in either the game's start video or the faction's introductory cutscenes. Aside from those, there is sound everywhere else. I check the game settings and see that everything is turned on and the bars are full.

Platform Steam

Specs iMac 27" Late 2013 (Catalina), 3.2Ghz 4-core i5, 16GB DDR3,  NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB. 

Version Current

Do you have any idea what's wrong?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 30, 2022, 12:11:50 PM

I've had that exact issue with other games but not EL myself.  Cutscenes and cinematics in games are usually standalone video files these days, I suggest you go try to play them in Windows to see if you get sound there (it's a codec issue usually)

You can find all the videos here

"YOUR STEAM FOLDER"\steamapps\common\Endless Legend\EndlessLegend_Data\StreamingAssets\Movies

If you have no sound in Windows, try installing VLC player - https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If you can now hear them with VLC, try in game and see if that works, let me know if you're still stuck

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message