Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Error creating save "Unable to generate .xml file"

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 2, 2019, 4:28:45 PM

When trying to save I almost always get this error. Reinstalling just allowed me to save for a single turn, but for the most part I cannot save. I am using the community patch for the most recent update alongside all DLC. Can anyone help?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 2, 2019, 6:14:28 PM

3 Possible fixes

1. for some reason, certain anti virus programs dont like endless legend saving.
    • Pop into your anti virus and either shut it down when playing or figure out how to list EL as a trusted program
  2. Your computer may have marked the folder your saves are stored in as unmodifiable for some reason.
    •  Open up your save folder and look at the properties for both your save and temporary files (located in your documents/endless legend. 
    • Make sure nothing is tagged as "read only". If they are, uncheck that box.
  3. Just delete your entire save and temporary save folders. Restarting the game will create new folders, that may fix it.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 2, 2019, 10:55:16 PM

I've tried all of these and none have fixed it, thank you though. Any more suggestions?

Edit: specifically, the folder is marked read only but it appears thats the norm for documents folders, and if I attempt to change it, it force changes back. turning off anti-virus completely had  no impact.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message