Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Game Crash After the Intro, won't load after the loading screen.

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Feb 7, 2022, 7:40:38 PM

Hello, I have just bought the game and I'm trying to start it on my PC (from steam).
When starting the game, it suddenly crash after the image (see attachment).

Do you have any clues of why or any clues of how to fix my Issue?
Thanks for your time and patience :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 7, 2022, 10:31:41 PM

I'd check out each of the following steps, one by one. Past a), start game, if it doesn' t fix your issue try b), start game. And so on...

a) give admin rights to your "endless legend.exe" file

b) make sure additional antivirus software (i.e. Avast, Avira, BitDefender, etc.) doesn't block Endless Legend from execution (whitelist Endless Legend folders or turn off antivirus software to check it out)

c) OneDrive synchronization can cause trouble (deactivate)

d) a solution offered by user MaddMyke:

• Type 

env

in the Windows Search bar and hit ENTER.
  • A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  • A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  • The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
  • The New System Variable pop-up will appear.
  • For the Variable name, type 

OPENSSL_ia32cap

• For the Variable value, type 

:~0x20000000

• Click OK to add the new variable.
  • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).

Endless Legend should now launch without crashing.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 16, 2022, 7:36:58 AM

Thanks @Groo !!! I just upgraded my PC recently and wanted to play Legends and it was a big FAIL. I went through all of the troubleshooting guides I could find and spent several days fighting with it. You are the first one that posted the OPENSSL variable. That sorted my problems and now I can enjoy Legends once again. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message