Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Endless Legend Crash on startup - Surface Pro 4

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
May 11, 2022, 11:05:54 PM

Hello - I have followed as many troubleshooting suggestions as I can find, including various entries for Steam "launch options", running as Admin or in various Windows compatibility modes. Not many game files to attach since I haven't made it further than the splash screen but I've attached what I have.

EndlessLegendFiles.zip

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 12, 2022, 6:22:19 AM

Guess you also did check out antivirus-software permissions for Endless Legend folder(s)?

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 15, 2022, 2:07:09 PM

Yes, I did add the EL folder to the permission list.

I guess it's possible that some combination of all these factors will do the trick but I don't have the computer knowledge to figure that out...

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 16, 2022, 2:33:43 AM

Perhaps you can fix the crashing issue, if you reinstall mono framework?

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
May 17, 2022, 11:15:29 PM

I'm a little confused - is there an actual admin that reads these messages? I assumed that was the purpose of including my game files, for some insight as to the actual problem and how to solve it.

No offense, I know you're trying to help, but I've already thrown 15 handfuls of spaghetti at the wall and nothing is sticking, I'm willing to try another handful but it feels a little futile at this point.

0Send private message
2 years ago
May 17, 2022, 11:51:50 PM

You should have googled for download "Mono" for to find official download page.

But I remember this fix offered by community member A5G_Reaper, now:

"At the bottom left of your computer next to the windows button there should be a search bar. Click on it and type “env”. Then proceed to click on “edit the system environment variables”.

There should now be a new window with the words system properties at the top. Click on environment variables near the bottom of the new window.

Now click on the “new” that’s just above “ok” and “cancel”.

Put "OPENSSL_ia32cap" as your Variable name and "~0x20000000" as value. Now click ok to add it.

Proceed to click on ok again this time the one at the window that has the system variables on it. Now endless legend will work."

This fix helped a lot of users to make the game run fine. Good luck.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jun 30, 2022, 6:37:51 AM

The environment variables solution worked for me, so thank you! Hope the others find working solutions too.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 24, 2022, 11:54:48 AM

FYI I had the crash on the splash screen on Windows 11 on surface book 3.

The Environment variable did fix it for me as well, I would advise that fix gets added to the "default fixes" thread:

[Read first] Common issues, guides and solutions - Endless Legend (games2gether.com) 

For anyone interested in the Root cause, the SSL inside endless legends is deprecated and no longer supported.

OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update (intel.com)  

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message