Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

What's blocking my load?

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Mar 2, 2023, 6:08:39 AM

I was able to procure a brand new Skytech Nebula gaming computer and got it a few days ago. I just tried to play a game of Endless Legend and it wouldn't load. So I turned off my blizzard launcher from startup, uninstalled, reinstalled, attempted play, rebooted, checked the integrity per steam, and tried again. I get to the symbiosis load screen and it kicks me back to my desktop. I know it's one of the other programs, but I'm hopeless at figuring out which and I really don't want to break my pretty new toy. Can anyone help me please? I was really hoping to get to 1530 hours played tonight, but I guess it'll wait. Should I download ES2 and see if it has the same problem? JWE2 downloaded through the steam too, it plays fine. 

Sincerely, a frazzled, stoned, middle age woman who wants to enslave all of Auriga with my wonderful cult. :D Thanks in advance! 

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 8, 2023, 1:30:08 PM
Ryversong wrote:

I was able to procure a brand new Skytech Nebula gaming computer and got it a few days ago. I just tried to play a game of Endless Legend and it wouldn't load. So I turned off my blizzard launcher from startup, uninstalled, reinstalled, attempted play, rebooted, checked the integrity per steam, and tried again. I get to the symbiosis load screen and it kicks me back to my desktop. I know it's one of the other programs, but I'm hopeless at figuring out which and I really don't want to break my pretty new toy. Can anyone help me please? I was really hoping to get to 1530 hours played tonight, but I guess it'll wait. Should I download ES2 and see if it has the same problem? JWE2 downloaded through the steam too, it plays fine. 

Sincerely, a frazzled, stoned, middle age woman who wants to enslave all of Auriga with my wonderful cult. :D Thanks in advance! 

It might not be any other software, could be Windows itself (11?)

Couple tips that have helped some of our players get EL working again on newer PCs (I would suggest Verifying your Steam Cache for Endless Legend first, it's quick and sometimes fixes stuff like this)

1)
Type env in the Windows Search bar and choose Edit the system environment variables
A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables
At the bottom of Environment Variables, click New for System variables.
Enter the info below in the Popup window:
Variable name = OPENSSL_ia32cap
Variable value = :~0x20000000
Click OK to add the new variable and then OK to exit each window.

2)
Updating their video drivers to the latest version

3)

The last one is also Steam based and in the same area as Verify Cache (right click on game in Library, then Properties)

One player got it working by enabling the 1.8.45 Rollback under the Beta section

This apparently isn't a suggested fix but it worked for them, ymmv

Good luck, let us know how it works out!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message