Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Game won't launch at all

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Dec 29, 2023, 9:14:30 PM

Hi guys, been playing since 2016.

Since your patch November 14th, game won't start at all. When I click on steam it wrote this :

"An error occurred while launching this game : missing executable - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\common\Endless Legend]EndlessLegend.cmd" 

I uninstall the game twice to reset everything to 0, doesn't work.

I goes to [...]steamapps/comon/Endless Legend/[...] and click on the exe. as administrator, same message.

I was playing before the patch in 32 bits because 64bits doesn't work too. I still try to run the game in 32bits. 

Here my PC specs :

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz

64go RAM

Windows 10 Pro

GeForce RTX 2060 Nvidia 4GO

1920x1080px resolution

SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO PLUS 3TO

There is no save files to send, because when I removed the game, I removed all files attached to the game to refresh and try to have no corrupted files.

When I do a steam search of game integrity, everything's fine. 

Here's the .rar of some screenshot of info that can help you guys. This is in French, but you'll still understand the problem.

Can you guys help for this, wanted to play during my days off of christmas to change my mind. Loved the game and the work you guys did. 

I saw a lot of player with same problem, but cannot find the answer to repair this.

Thanks.

Endless Legend.rar

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 30, 2023, 3:02:08 AM

I know that this might be a long shot since this is an older post and this is a more recent problem as a result of a patch. But maybe this post might help you.
https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/endless-legend/forums/13-tech-support/threads/5309-game-does-not-launch

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 30, 2023, 2:11:20 PM

I tryed this, but same problem. 

MaddMyke wrote:

Hello everyone! Although this thread is very old, I recently reinstalled Endless Legend via Steam and ran into the same issue (i.e., game crashing after the EL logo - no error message, etc.). Nothing I found online helped (e.g., running in Compatibility Mode, ensuring the folders were writable, etc. etc.). However, one thing I found did work, so I thought I'd post it here in case any others are still struggling with this.

1. Type env in the Windows Search bar and hit ENTER.
  2. A best match result should come up at the top, called Edit the system environment variables. Click on that.
  3. A System Properties pop-up will appear. Click on the button at the bottom, labeled Environment Variables.
  4. The Environment Variables pop-up will appear. At the bottom, click on the New... button.
  5. The New System Variable pop-up will appear.
    • For the Variable name, type OPENSSL_ia32cap
    • For the Variable value, type :~0x20000000
    • Click OK to add the new variable.
    • Click OK again when the system takes you back to the prior window (and again for the prior System Properties window, if it's still there).
Endless Legend should now launch without crashing.
0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 30, 2023, 2:15:03 PM

Someone on steam just helped me and it works.

The game was in 32bits playable before the patch but since the 32bits goes useless. I simply switch to 64bits for Windows 10, removing beta on steam parameters. 

The game opened and this is playable.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Dec 30, 2023, 3:21:02 PM

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Hope you have a good day.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message