Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Second cargo dock in same region. "Modding attempt"

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 12, 2022, 10:47:44 PM

I've been checking SimulationDescriptors[DistrictType] for ways to stop the limit on cargo dock quantity in a region.

Anyone have an idea what I'll have to adapt?
Do i for example have to remove some parts down below and add the following
      <SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="NumberOfDistrictsInCity"  Operation="Addition"    Value="1" Path="./ClassCity" TooltipHidden="true"/>
underneath
      <SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="NumberOfExtensionInCity"  Operation="Addition"    Value="1" Path="./ClassCity" TooltipHidden="true"/>

Content that I'm talking about. Do forgive me if I'm totally wrong. (0% experience) I could not add the xml-document itself in this thread (which is normal probably).

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DistrictImprovement1Availability"             Type="DistrictType" />

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DistrictImprovement1NecrophageAvailability"   Type="DistrictType" />

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DistrictImprovementDocks"                     Type="DistrictImprovement">

<SimulationModifierDescriptors>

<SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="DistrictFood"             Operation="Addition"    Value="1"/>

<SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="DistrictDust"             Operation="Addition"    Value="1"/>

<SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="DistrictIndustry"         Operation="Addition"    Value="5"   Path="./ClassCity/TerrainTagWater"/>

<SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="CityApproval"             Operation="Addition"    Value="10"  Path="./ClassCity"/>

<BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DistrictFood"             Operation="Addition"    Left="2"    BinaryOperation="Multiplication" Right="$(Level)"/>

<BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DistrictDust"             Operation="Addition"    Left="2"    BinaryOperation="Multiplication" Right="$(Level)"/>

<BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DistrictIndustry"         Operation="Addition"    Left="10"   BinaryOperation="Multiplication" Right="$(Level)" />

<SimulationModifierDescriptor       TargetProperty="NumberOfExtensionInCity"  Operation="Addition"    Value="1" Path="./ClassCity" TooltipHidden="true"/>

</SimulationModifierDescriptors>

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DistrictType1Mimics"                      Type="DistrictType">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="OnlyOneConstructionPerCity"                   Type="DistrictImprovementLimitation">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="OnlyOnePerCity"                               Type="DistrictImprovementLimitation">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DocksLocation"                                Type="DistrictImprovementLimitation">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="OceanRoadCreation"                            Type="DistrictImprovementLimitation">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="EmbarkDisembarkBonus"                         Type="DistrictImprovementLimitation">

</SimulationDescriptor>

<SimulationDescriptor Name="DistrictImprovementExtractingCapacity"        Type="DistrictImprovement">

</SimulationDescriptor>

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 12, 2022, 10:51:08 PM

Do I also have to take ocean roads into consideration? Or would building a second cargo dock automatically add an extra ocean road (and hence would not require extra coding on that part)? I assume the second option.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 13, 2022, 1:16:00 PM

I don't mod either  but I would try it out just removing the 1 per city limitation parts of the code and see what happens.  The game might be fine calculating the extra trade routes you would get as that is handled automatically in the background.

If it does choke on the trade route creation with 2 CD, maybe it is possible to create a second type of CD that is only a District by removing "OceanRoadCreation"

Let us know how it went!

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 1, 2023, 11:49:35 PM

Hello, sorry for a late response. But it seems, that I've made exactly such mod for my personal use years ago. If you're still interested I can send you the code. 

Or even better, I'll figure it out how to upload on steam workshop.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 14, 2023, 12:44:00 PM
Xenouzik wrote:

Hello, sorry for a late response. But it seems, that I've made exactly such mod for my personal use years ago. If you're still interested I can send you the code. 

Or even better, I'll figure it out how to upload on steam workshop.

Hi Xenouzik,

No worries there, wasn't around for most of the time between our messages.  Great work on fixing that, it was always a big gripe of mine with ELCP because I like to max my Level 2 Districts where possible.

I just attempted to get the life cycle of ELCP extended a bit, but no go.  I would have loved to incorporate your fix but the whole situation around EL lately has really soured my love for it (hope it comes back later).

You could try joining the ELCP Discord server if you felt like it and sharing your fix there, LEB (the creator) did tell me he would fix bugs and issues with ELCP and this is one IMO.  I believe he told me (or I read his response on here, I forget) that the Inland Waters fix was one of the first things he ever did and he did not want to/couldn't revisit it, lol

So your mileage may vary.

Either way, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was annoyed by this, anytime I brought it up I was told I was too "serious" about my cities.

Cheers

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message