Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Mod Idea: Better totally random faction selection

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jun 4, 2022, 12:20:53 PM

So, when you set all your AI to be random, it's not exactly 100% random. It might be 1-2 of the same race, but not entirely like, a chance for it to be like 4 of same race, 2 of another etc. I would want it to be 100% totally random. Is that even possible?

Thanks!

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 18, 2023, 2:27:56 PM

There is a Faction Randomization setting under the Miscellaneous column in one of the two Options spots when you're setting up your game, I believe the upper one with victory conditions.

I just tried generating a game with 15 (Using ELCP for the 15) True Random and got all kinds of overlap, so I believe it's working as intended.  Only play Unique myself so never really tried it.

0Send private message
a year ago
May 20, 2023, 9:11:05 PM
hazmat22 wrote:

There is a Faction Randomization setting under the Miscellaneous column in one of the two Options spots when you're setting up your game, I believe the upper one with victory conditions.

I just tried generating a game with 15 (Using ELCP for the 15) True Random and got all kinds of overlap, so I believe it's working as intended.  Only play Unique myself so never really tried it.

Interesting, because I did not get such luck. I only got a max of 2 of the same race. Never 3, or 4. Always a max of 2.

0Send private message
a year ago
May 22, 2023, 5:39:17 PM

No I tested. You get only 1 overlap max in every race. It then cannot be more that 2 of the same race. Meaning youll never see 3 vaulters on the same game randomized. 

Is that really true random if it has restrictions?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message