Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Creating a Campaign Setting

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Oct 6, 2019, 6:28:31 AM

The main point of this is just to see if a campaign setting book is something people would be interested in. When I say campaign setting I mean for a tabletop pen and paper RPG. My hope is to have enough people interested in a campaign setting to get the attention of the devs. I love the whole lore of EL and I think it would work great as a system agnostic campaign setting. The reasons I have not already made it myself are twofold. First is it would be a metric ton of work compiling all the lore for the book and just getting a lore dump from the devs would so much easier than digging through an endless amount of wiki pages and the game itself. The second reason is the time commitment. If I could know that it would be commercially viable (either as an independent project or one endorsed by amplitude) to write the book it would be far easier to justify spending hundreds of hours writing and editing a book.

The long and short of this is, are there people in the Endless Legend (or just Amplitude as a whole) community interested in a campaign setting? It is just a huge undertaking and I would like a modicum of reassurance that at least a few people would be interested in supporting it before I throw myself into it. Of course the best thing that could come from this would be official dev interest and support for the project but that is a bit of a long shot.

Hopefully I get some responses and interest in this, I would love to have some justification behind the project.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 6, 2019, 8:14:57 AM

Definitely, ever since I started playing endless legend and looking into the background and saw the concept arts, I was hoping that Amplitude would make a pen and paper rpg set in the same world.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 7, 2019, 10:05:06 AM

This is something I would definitely be interested in.  Auriga belongs on the table top.  

I've actually already messed around in the setting, and I would love your feedback on what I've made.  

It would be even cooler if posts like yours could start a trend.  I would love for something officially licensed by Amplitude to be released.  Something hardback and glossy.  I would buy something like that in a heartbeat.  

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 6:51:12 AM

I looked over some of it and I like what you have, especially in regards to the hex crawl. Given the amount of lore in the endless universe I would probably just have the base game races and mechanics. Winter, sea, and other things like that would be in a secondary book, if the first one is recieved well. Just to be clear splitting it into two books is not meant to increase profits (on the off chance this can become a commercial enterprise) more that I think would get a bit crowded if it was all in one book and the can be used as optional expansions. 

P.S. I mention the winter and sea stuff because I saw you have some mechanics for them.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 6:53:25 AM
Wigglytuff wrote:

Definitely, ever since I started playing endless legend and looking into the background and saw the concept arts, I was hoping that Amplitude would make a pen and paper rpg set in the same world.

Sweet, hopefully that dream can be made into a reality. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 12, 2019, 2:59:10 AM

Praetor, I completely agree: the lore is too dense to put it all into one book!  If Amplitude ever did make something like what you propose, the first 'toe in the water' (so to speak) would certainly just be a short book with basic rules, races, and a couple of starter adventures.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 16, 2019, 7:12:09 AM

Yeah just a simple divide between base content for one book and DLCs for the second would probably help it sit better with people anyway.  Almost like an homage to the video roots.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 5, 2020, 9:12:03 PM

I'm actually working on something like that at the moment. I have associated racial features to the main races of Endless legend (they are a bit OP at the moment but I guess if they are all OP it's ok), and I am writing several main quests based on the stories of the heroes and the game quests.

It is a work in progress but I already have a rappropriated the heroes' backstory and written a main quest flowchart for the Broken lords, necrophages, vaulters and wild walkers. I've written an outline for a very particular necrophage hive, and I intend to do an equivalent one for the cultist city. The rest is less detailed at the moment, I want to keep some wiggle room to integrate my future player's backstory.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message