Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Cannot rename cities because cannot type on keyboard

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Sep 22, 2015, 1:54:29 AM
Mac OSX 10.10.5... none of the text entry fields work. The keyboard shortcuts for the game work just fine, but not for text entry. This means I cannot do things like, for example, rename a city.

I searched the forums but did not find any problems like this recorded by anyone else. Has anyone seen this?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 24, 2015, 3:45:17 PM
Are you able to even click to rename your city? What steps if any have you undertaken to troubleshoot your issue so far? smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 26, 2015, 3:25:59 AM
I can get to the textbox to rename a city, but when I try to click in the textbox, no cursor shows up. Hitting keys does nothing. I don't know anything else to try.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2017, 4:28:52 PM

Any news on this problem? Was it solved?

I am having a similar issue. Also using Mac OS 10.10.5

I cannot type anything at all. The shortcuts work, even on the command options, remaking keys works fine.

However, whenever I need to type any kind of text, the keys don't work (nothing is typed). That happens on the text chat, when renaming cities, when naming a new faction (or writing it's description). This really ruins the game...

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2017, 5:33:13 PM

I figured out the cause, but the problem is still there.

I was using the Steam launch option "-popupwindow" to play the game on windowed mode. I deactivated that and the keyboard is now working fine. However, I still need to use the popup window launch option, because the regular game window is too big and doesn't fit in my screen (and if I use full screen mode, I can't use cmd+tab to switch to the interned browser or other apps).

Now I need to figure out why the typing is disabled when the "-popupwindow" command is used on Steam's launch options

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 10:00:01 AM

Have you checked that you're in full screen mode?

Can you post your error log if you have one? It would be in your game install folder in a folder with a date for a name. You game is usually installed for Windows to:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Endless Legend/

And for Mac:

User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Legend/Dump Files

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 10, 2020, 10:34:35 AM

In full screen mode it works just fine. 

The system is Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. There so Dump files in mentioned folder

The issue is in 'borderless window' mode made by Steam launch option '-popupwindow'. I'm using it because I'd also like to use Cmd+tab to switch to other windows without exiting the game.

As was described in this thread, with '-popupwindow' option, no text input fields receive any keyboard input: save game naming, city, renaming, new unit names & etc

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message