Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Mac Users failing to launch a game from the main menu

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 19, 2014, 5:53:43 PM
Hi all,

It seems our Mac installation does not install properly the MonoDevelop package, sorry about that. For reasons unknown, this installation is not needed on all Macs. We will try to fix the install next week.

Meanwhile, you can manually install the package (it is already on your computer). It has fixed the issue for a Mac user.

In the Steam client, in the game libraries tab, right-click (or MAC equivalent) on “Endless Legend” to open the game Properties,

a. Click on the “Local Files” tab,

b. Select “Browse local files”,

c. In the Finder window you should see some files related to the “Endless Legend” game, somewhere under “Libraries/Application Support/Endless Legend” or something.

i. The folder should contain a package file “MonoFramework-MRE-3.4.0.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg” (this package – or more recent version – is required to execute Windows .Net executables on OSX)

ii. Install the package.

iii. Try to launch a new game.

Cheers,
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 19, 2014, 6:15:12 PM
Can you list which mac and which osx's are having issues... we need more info.. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 12, 2014, 5:13:04 PM
Player.log.zipAll I get is the play it cool followed by the Endless Legend screen before it just vanishes.

When attempting to start again from Steam, it states its already running but FQA does not show it.

Anything to collect? Rename that attachment from .zip to whatever, I simply changed the suffic
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 3, 2015, 2:51:04 AM
Mac 10.9.5 here.

Your game isn't working.

'seems like a wrapper problem...
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 28, 2015, 10:57:19 AM
Mac 10.11.1

mid 2012 pro retina

this fix doesn't work. can't open from desktop get an error message saying game is damaged. I can open from Application support and only from there.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 21, 2016, 6:17:26 PM

I'm getting this issue with the latest version http://pastebin.com/5D1RZEQA (Error log)

I use Xamarin studio to develop (Mono framwork 4.6) as well as Unity, and this seems to be causing problems. I installed 3.4 from the game folder the other day and the game launched, but now even that doesn't work anymore. 

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 21, 2016, 6:38:48 PM

The game won't start on mac OS Sierra, it simply crash during launch, does anyone have any idea ? Already tried to reinstall the mono framework form the installation folder, my system is a mid 2013 Macbook air with latest OSX Sierra no special development tools installed for cross development.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 29, 2016, 2:06:27 AM

I am having this issue as well. It worked when I first downloaded the game recently. The first time I played it was fine. The second time I went to play, it started unexpectedly quitting during launch. I tried a bunch of things after doing some research and eventually downloaded the latest monoframework pack and installed it. That seemed to fix the problem for a few days. Now I have the same problem and it won't start. 

I've tried: 

Uninstalling 

Unchecking the steam overlay

Unchecking the cloud sync

Verifying integrity of game cache 

Checked my firewalls and security settings

Installed latest momoframework pack which worked temporarily. Tried reinstalling but no effect. 

I tried switching to the 32 bit version through steam. The game starts but then gets stuck on the title screen. 

Comp specs:

MacBook Pro Late 2013

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 13, 2016, 10:10:22 AM

Same problem here.

Mid 2012 MacBook Pro

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

It used to start perfectly. I'm more than disappointed.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 16, 2017, 1:10:45 PM

I try your issue but this don't work ... It's more than month I can't play ... I already try to re-install Steam , then re-install the game but nothing work ... I was hoping your issue could resole it but No !!!

IMac 27 pouces  processeur 2,7 intel core i5   20Go mem   AMD Radeon HD 6770 512mo

Just buy extension and will want money back !!!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 10, 2017, 4:31:27 PM

Bonjour,

J'ai un macbookpro fin 2011 i7 2,5GHz sous Sierra.

Le jeu se lance mais il est impossible de lancer une partie. J'ai un message qui indique que le jeu à rencontrer une erreur lors de la création de la partie.

J'ai un 2e écran mais j'ai essayé aussi en le débranchant.

J'ai installé MonoFramework-MRE-3.4.0.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg sans plus de succès.

Avez-vous une autre solution ?

Edit:

Après avoir vérifié le cache du jeu puis démarré sans mon 2e écran, cela fonctionne.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message