Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Can't build more than 1 improvment/turn

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 10:35:07 AM

I haven't played Endless Legend in two years. I remember that when you have a lot of industry, you can sometimes build several buildings in a single turn. In the construction queue, buildings display 1 turn.
However, I now realize that the game only builds one building per turn, even if they are all supposed to end. Instead, the next building on the list has its construction bar entirely colored yellow.

Is that normal?
I tested this without any mod, and it does that too.
I installed the ELCP, idem, I uninstalled it (by "analyzing the files" in steam, and updating the files that have been modified).

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 12:55:08 PM

I'm not sure if verifying the integrity of the game cache is enough to uninstall the ELCP. You'd have to ask LEaderEnemyBoss for the details of that.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to finish more than one building a turn, but I could be mistaken.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 1:00:31 PM

To completely get rid of ELCP you would need to delete the public folder before using the "verify" function (or just use the uninstaller next time ^^). However the issue describe should have nothing to do with ELCP. Do you have a savegame where there issue is reproducable?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 4:28:13 PM

Thanks for your replys.

I will uninstall the game, then I will erase public folder. 

Not only because ELCP, but just to try to solve the case.

Then I plan to install again ELCP, because this mod is pretty cool. But really difficult. 

I really like the speed x3 on the map, and others features. I mix that my progressive difficulty and combotech mod. So the game start is ok, but I'm loosing games at turn 200 or 250.

ELCP can be used with a lot of mods, it's perfect. I just removed Improved AI mod, because it's already into ELCP. And I think there is an issue if used also in the mod list.

I removed also some mods when I see in the xml code that mod tweak a class. I also tweak the ClassReschearch in ComboTechs, but I'm on the way to find an alternative solution.

Tweak Class isn't a good idea (except when done in ELCP), because each time there is a new official set, there is a risk that the tweaked class don't work anymore, or erase something new.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 18, 2019, 6:59:33 AM

Hi, I post a save file. I'm sorry because it's one with a lot of mods. But it's the only one I have.

I did this :

- total clean and reinstall.

- Test1 : vanilla game, OK

- Test2 : combotechs mod alone, OK

- Test3 : reload of a save file coming from before the cleaning, BUG.

I didnt made all tests on each mods (not enough time), also because I tried also to play only vanilla during the problem (and it was doing this bug).

So I've no idea from where this come from. I would like to mod such a feature, I wouldnt be able to do so !

Seigneurs déchus - Tour 141.sav

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 18, 2019, 4:51:59 PM

Well, I know where this come from.

It's from my own mod "progressive difficulty".

And it come from the fact than I change "GameSpeedProductionCostReduction" property.

Damn!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 18, 2019, 6:03:38 PM

As a modder, what I just realized is totally incredible.
I tried to put this, absolutely everywhere:

<BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="AIBuildingProductionCostReduction" Operation="Addition" Left="-0.01" BinaryOperation="Multiplication" Right="$(UnlockedTechnologyCount)" IsBindOnSource="true" Path="../ClassEmpire/ClassCity"/>

In the xml code of the gamedifficulty, then in the TechnologyEra1.
Nothing to do!
It is as if the game refuses a BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor applied to a CostReduction.
Automatically, it creates this construction queue problem limited to one construction/turn.

Finally, and by a phenomenal chance, I tried something that didn't work before (in the GameDifficulty).
I put the priority at -1.
<BinarySimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="AIBuildingProductionCostReduction" Operation="Addition" Left="-0.01" BinaryOperation="Multiplication" Right="$(UnlockedTechnologyCount)" IsBindOnSource="true" Priority="-1" Path="../ClassEmpire/ClassCity"/>

And with this xml code in TechnologyEra1, not in GameDifficulty, otherwise it doesn't work.
Honestly, I really wasn't hoping to find a solution that would work anymore.
It was very annoying because it completely defeated the "Adaptative Balance" part of my mod.
OUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You know what? Modifying Endless Legend is 10x more complicated than the programs I have to develop as a professional computer programmer!

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message