Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Mykara, Toth Ágnes, and Assimilation

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 16, 2019, 6:17:11 PM

Does Toth stay the leader of Mykara forever?
Or does Toth at least stay a leader of Mykara forever? (i.e. a broodmother, cerebrate, overmind, or a kerrigan if the mykara were the Zerg)
Or does Toth become just a pure virtual and basically brain-dead being inside the Mykara that just sends a bunch of pictures/videos to the next guy who gets assimilated by the Mykara?

If you look at the Mykara Hero stuff, all the heroes are independent and retain their sense of self, memories, individuality, etc. and lead the Mykara.

If you look at the Faction Quest however, it looks like Mykaras don't have individuality and everyone just gets assimilated.

So whether I play Mykara really hard or possibly ditch it for Cultists all depends on whether fully assimilated Toth retains her Mykara body from the Faction Selection Screen and remains at least a leader of Mykara despite losing her sense of self, or becomes some forgotten memory with no real power.

I don't mind being an agent of a hive mind as long as I have the power to create entire armies and civilizations. But I do mind becoming a nothing with no power.

p.s. why did the Mykara obey and die for Toth's vendetta when they literally don't give a damn about such petty inconsequential things? Each Mykara soldier is apparently fully sentient and not a mindless thrall, at least according to the hero bios.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 16, 2019, 8:33:52 PM

It's not clear. The faction quest ends before that point, while Toth is still mostly herself. It's implied that those assimilated by the Mykara eventually subsume themselves so deeply into the collective that their memories are no longer really their own. They're still, apparently, living thinking beings - they just don't think of themselves as anything other than Mykara. Presumably that will happen to Toth as well, but pretty much every faction leader is going to die eventually.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 16, 2019, 8:56:45 PM
Fluffiest wrote:

It's not clear. The faction quest ends before that point, while Toth is still mostly herself. It's implied that those assimilated by the Mykara eventually subsume themselves so deeply into the collective that their memories are no longer really their own. They're still, apparently, living thinking beings - they just don't think of themselves as anything other than Mykara. Presumably that will happen to Toth as well, but pretty much every faction leader is going to die eventually.

So when that happens, would she become an agent of the mykara like a commander or would she become powerless? Did the mykara gain a smart scientific and strategic commander among them or is it just the memories and nothing else? Will Toth never command an army again?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 28, 2019, 11:55:12 PM

Not a clue. I guess Ágnes gets to decide for herself? Maybe she chooses to stay a commander, maybe she becomes a "specialized polyp" type hero, or maybe she's happy to recede into the collective consciousness. It's not defined so it's up to you.

(also, sorry, I made an error in the previous post - Vaulters names are based on Hungarian. Her given name is Ágnes; Toth is her family name.)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 3:49:08 PM

Mykara is a collective so any emotions that enter the collective are probably felt across the entire species. Toth's anger was injected into the Mykara and might be the reason they were spurred to action. Her vengence became their vengence as they all felt the pain as personally as if it happend to them.

I think eventually she would fade into the background of voices that exist in the Mykara and be ready to guide the next being that is assimilated which is weirdly kind of sweet to me.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message