Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Hexes

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 11:16:56 AM

Hi, I haven't been playing long and I have almost exclusively played Vaulters to date. I am playing normal diificulty and having a big problem with hexes. Having read a lot on internet, my understanding is that once you create 4 lvl 1 hexes adjacent to another hex then that hex shd be lvl 2. I am not getting that however which is putting severe limitations on game play. I create the above scenario and the hex that shd be lvl 2 remains as exploitation. It is completely surrounded by exploit or lvl 1. Cities I have captured have lvl 2 but not mine. I am getting v. Frustrated and am mystified. What am I missing??

Thanks

David

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 12:39:12 PM

I would recommend checking out this guide to levelling up your districts, which contains a lot of useful info to make your cities into real metropolises:

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-legend/forums/9-tips-tricks/threads/3824-building-big-efficient-cities-borough-streets-leveling-districts

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 9, 2019, 11:16:06 AM

Thanks 4 replies. I have not explained v well. Hopefully I can insert a screen capture to make the point.

{from one of many similar vaulters games} The yellow dots round the periphery are exploitation. The red squares are lvl1 districts and the yellow star is the city ctr - also a lvl1 district. The large yellow dots are exploitation but ?? should be lvl 2 - they each

have 4 lvl 1 districts abutting them and should not be exploitation. I have since been messing with dark lords and got lvl 2 no problem.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 9, 2019, 12:09:12 PM

Hello again - more to add. I continued messing with dark lords and same thing happened...

On previous bourough streets I built on 4 and got 1,2 &3 as exploit and turned 4 into lvl 1 which in turn made 5 into lvl 2 ( fourth adjacent lvl 1. Great! Then I built on 6 which gave me 7&8 as exploit and turned 6 into lvl 1. The one adjacent with the green anomaly did nothing however - it remained exploit but surely shd turn into lvl 2. I don't get it at all. It just seems to not

recognise the addition of 7 as an exploit which ought ?? to turn it to lvl 1 (like 6) at the very least. I think the only reason I got the lvl 2 is because of the cargo docks at the back (lvl 1).  PLEASE HELP!!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 9, 2019, 12:29:28 PM

Exploitations cant level up. You need to build districts in place of the yellow dots (first picture), and these districts would then be level 2. They would also upgrade several other districts next to them (your yellow star- city center for example).

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 10, 2019, 10:02:24 AM

Hi and thanks for your help. I finally figured it out in the wee small hours. I understood from what I read on the internet that you had to surround a hex with exploitation and it would automatically upgrade to level 1. I didn't realise you had to build bourough streets on that hex and had no reason to do so since it added no resources. I tried it out this morning and hey presto! Thanks for the replies and the help.

As a further question, which dlc's are worthwhile?

Thanks again.

David

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 10, 2019, 2:34:30 PM

Pretty much all of them add something to the game. I have all of them so I can't really say which is more important. Shifters adds Allayi and Pearls of Auriga. Shadows adds the Forgotten and spying. Tempest adds the Morgawr and sea exploitation. Inferno adds the Kopaku and volcanic tiles plus Dust Eclipses. I would suggest you start with whichever mechanic is most important to you.

I would also highly recommend that you install the Endless Legend Community Patch. It includes AI improvements as well as interface and general game improvements that the developers haven't added. It is IMHO essential to get the most out of the game. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message