Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Cannot customize faction - SOLVED

Copied to clipboard!
5 months ago
Nov 26, 2023, 8:26:19 PM

So I've been dredging the internet with multiple search queries and I'm not finding answers to my specific problem. I've played Endless Space and Endless Space 2 and I've made custom factions before. In fact I distinctly remember making a custom faction for Endless Legend a few years ago. But now for some reason there simply isn't an option to make a custom faction or customize a faction. I've attached a screenshot of what I am seeing here, and yes the use custom factions box is checked.

Would someone kindly help me?

Updated 5 months ago.
0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 27, 2023, 2:24:19 PM

Choose the "random" button with the interrogation mark doesn't work?

0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 27, 2023, 2:37:03 PM

If you setting up multiplayer lobby, you have to enable custom factions usage first.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 27, 2023, 11:32:36 PM
Groo wrote:

Choose the "random" button with the interrogation mark doesn't work?

Ok, sorry for not beeing helpful, I was in a hurry. In my case I have the "add" button below "random", for to create a custom faction. In this screen (screenshot) it doesn't matter, if you have checked the box for custom faction, as long as you should be able to create ("add") a new one, always (I did test). Any idea on your end, why your menu got screwed up? I make use of Windows 10, if this could be relevant on your end. What did you try, yet, to fix it? I guess you still did "Verify integrity of game files" to no avail? And you don't make use of mods, what could cause this kind of issue?

Sublustris wrote:

If you setting up multiplayer lobby, you have to enable custom factions usage first.

RedCartographer did point out: "...and yes the use custom factions box is checked. "

0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 27, 2023, 11:39:14 PM

The same as requested in "Tech Support" area of this forum, it could be useful to upload the following 3 files, for to get an idea about the source of the issue:

• Output_log.txt  
    • [PC] [Steaminstalldir]/Steamapps/Common/Endless Legend/EndlessLegend_Data/output_log.txt
    • [MAC] via the OSX Console - /Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Diagnostics.html -
    • [PC] [Documentsdir]/Endless Legend/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html
    • [MAC] Diagnostics.*.html - Library/Application Support/EndlessLegend/Temporary Files/ 
  • Do not forget to convert this document in .zip 
  • Registry.xml - [Documentsdir]/Endless Legend/Users/[SteamID]/Registry.xml 
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 28, 2023, 10:57:37 AM

Sorry for not checking in on this forum sooner. Okay that explains a lot yes I'm on the Xbox PC version. Thank you so much. I'll consider this solved then. I remember the last time I played this I was steam sharing with a friend who had it and that is why the option was there.

Thank you all

0Send private message
Comment
0Send private message