Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Some AOE attack capacities questions

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Dec 14, 2019, 7:18:14 AM

1. The descriptions of Shifting Rage and Tsunami Charge both mention "cone", What does it actullay mean...? I never got the right conditions to figure it out myself.

2. What's the difference between Circular Attack and Sweep? If I understand correctly, Sweep are just so much better than Circular Attack because of its higher damage (150% compared to 50%) and bigger effctive area (both adjacent enemy of attacker and initial victim compared to just adjacent unit of attacker), or is it?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 14, 2019, 12:29:53 PM

I believe that circular attack hits every unit adjacent to the attacker, while sweep hits just the units in front of the attacker.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 14, 2019, 1:21:18 PM
Slashman wrote:

I believe that circular attack hits every unit adjacent to the attacker, while sweep hits just the units in front of the attacker.

Yeah, I did some tests and you're right. I think the description of the Sweep has some grammatical problems with attributive clauses.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 16, 2020, 11:11:22 AM

"Cone" means that after you hit the initial target, you affect the three hexes behind that (and then possibly the 5 hexes behind that, and the 7 behind that... depending on how big the cone gets.) Tsunami Charge  can cover a very large area.

Regarding the descriptions of Sweep and Circular Attack, are you plaing in English or a different localization?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 16, 2020, 1:15:07 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

"Cone" means that after you hit the initial target, you affect the three hexes behind that (and then possibly the 5 hexes behind that, and the 7 behind that... depending on how big the cone gets.) Tsunami Charge  can cover a very large area.

Regarding the descriptions of Sweep and Circular Attack, are you plaing in English or a different localization?

Thx for answer...

And yes, I playing in Simp. Chinese, and its description... I'd like to say it's not easy to understand too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the quality of localization, it's okay even nice, but somethings like shifting rage, I can tell the translator didn't understand it.

So everytime get this problem, I set the game language to English and read again, which can be figure out in most cases until this time.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 16, 2020, 1:25:58 PM

Even some of the English Tooltips are hard to understand. While the tooltips for the abilities youmention are written by hand, many others are "parsed" directly from the game data, which can lead to odd grammatical issues.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message