Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Help with the Cultist start

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 1:10:19 AM

Hello, I recently downloaded the ELCP and tried a new game with the Cultist but I simply cannot compete with my neighbors The Vaulters and his army or range marines. I know much of the Cultist game plan revolves arround "luck" (having a good spawn position and good minor villages) but I ended up with an army of 2 supports unit and those hydra-looking creatures (so... no cavalry to rush their marines). They mop the floor with my main (and only) city, and it didn't seem fair since by my understading, Cultist capital should be REALLY though to siege, but they didn't even need to siege, they straight up attacked my city with the gauge only with 1/4 on my side. 

My only army was a few blocks away roaming for ruins and quests (since I needed to level up my minor faction units for the main questline) and my hero was doing managment on my city. Maybe I need to rush defensive buildings? I started up with some industry and food to get my city rolling, but maybe that was a mistake. Also, do you invest resources in defending converted villages? I only converted factions near my city, but even those where quickly erased by roaming armies. 

I dunnow, It feels that I only loose because the AI went murder-mode and rushed straight to my capital with any warning whatsoever. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 3:05:37 AM

ELCP comes along with imroved AI. What difficulty level did you choose?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 3:50:12 PM
Groo wrote:

ELCP comes along with imroved AI. What difficulty level did you choose?

Normal difficulty, that why it take me by surprise how powerful their army was.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 5:56:04 PM

Are you sure it was not Normal Difficulty plus a +20% handicap to the enemy? I was playing at Normal difficulty with a +20% handicap to the enemy and they were suitably strong...but not overwhelming. However, if you procrastinate and don't do anything productive with your single city...then it may be that they saw you were weak and decided to attack you.

Did they give any indication that they disliked you before attacking and sacking you? And did you ignore it? Also if you are playing a single city race, it is really advisable to leave a few units in the city to help your militia.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 7:29:17 PM
Slashman wrote:

Are you sure it was not Normal Difficulty plus a +20% handicap to the enemy? I was playing at Normal difficulty with a +20% handicap to the enemy and they were suitably strong...but not overwhelming. However, if you procrastinate and don't do anything productive with your single city...then it may be that they saw you were weak and decided to attack you.

Did they give any indication that they disliked you before attacking and sacking you? And did you ignore it? Also if you are playing a single city race, it is really advisable to leave a few units in the city to help your militia.

I did have some of the minor faction units that I converted (mind you, without upgrades since I can't change their equipment), at some point they where mindly jealous since we shared a border, but in order to attack me shouldnt declared war at me first? Next time I'll prioritize defensive buildings if I end up with a border with someone tho, but I still think it was bad luck since their army was all range and I couldn't find a minor faction with cavalry avaible (I started teching for the Fanatic as soon I saw their marine comp in a nearby province, didn't think they'll gonna straight foward match to my city after that).

Edit: I don't think I had the 20% handicap turned on, but I didn't touch anything but the max empires on the map, so if 20% handicap it's the default, then yes, I did had it on.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 23, 2021, 7:35:58 PM

I could imagine, you need to adapt the difficulty level to your skills, perhaps? So one level lower than normal? No offense!

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 24, 2021, 3:03:59 AM

The thing is that with ELCP, all of the things the AI never did before and just left open for you to exploit, are now mostly closed up and the AI is very tight and tuned in how it plays. Factions that literally did nothing before like the Allayi for instance, are now very much motivated and play to their strengths...that's true of all AI factions(and the Vaulters are one of the most straight forward ones to play) so some of the things that the AI does may catch you by surprise at first.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message