Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Question about the Broken Lords' Penitent Chapel

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 2:58:57 AM

I've been playing the Broken Lords lately and I can't figure out what the Penitent Chapel does. As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything. It says it gives "+1% Broken Lords unit regeneration per pacified village on Broken Lords." but I never see any of my units regenerating, either in combat or on the world map, no matter how many pacified villages I have. Anybody know what I am missing? Thanks.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 25, 2019, 9:41:16 PM

It could be a bug. Have you actually confirmed that their health values don't change between turns? As I recall Broken Lords unit health can get pretty high, and small percentage increases to a baseline 0% increase might not be noticeable.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 25, 2019, 11:45:00 PM

Yup, unless the game keeps track of fractional hit points between turns and the value was very very small. So I take it then that it is supposed to heal your armies from turn to turn on the overworld?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 16, 2019, 9:56:51 PM

I also wanted to ask about this - I checked the hp values and can't say they changed at all, neither on my own or neutral/enemy terrain. Given how nice it would be to have a proper health regeneration, this should be fixed, no?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 15, 2021, 12:05:53 AM

A bit late but for anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for the answer i've done some testing in my last couple broken lords games and come to the conclusion that it's NOT an empire wide effect, at least not in the way that one would be fair to assume. You get 1% regen for each pacified village in the current region when ending the turn within one of you cities. So on the district or one of the surrounding tiles, but for some reason not within the garrison.

It's an underwhelming upgrade that is close to negligible as 1-3 % health in the early game is about 3-9 health limited for units standing on a city. If it affected garrisons you'd at least be able to save some dust while they healed up in the background.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 15, 2021, 11:42:05 AM

That's... really suprising. That the city tiles count, but not inside of the city. Must have been an overlook... wait. Does that mean that in the region itself you also won't heal and you specifically need to be inside a city/distrcit tile?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 15, 2021, 2:58:39 PM

No healing unless you are standing on a district or surrounding tiles, owned by you ofcourse no ally healing either. The bonus is close to worthless so no need rushing it as i once did thinking it would save me some crucial early game dust.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 13, 2022, 8:14:19 PM

The Penitent chapel appears to have been patched/buffed and now works as one would assume. Healing 1-3 % max health to broken lords units anywhere in the region, also when garrisoned.

Haven't read any patch notes but I do wonder if it was a bug or intentionally bad.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 13, 2022, 10:09:02 PM

Perhaps this linked guide is the explanation for your issues: https://guides.gamepressure.com/endlesslegend/guide.asp?ID=26951

It says: "Penitent Chapel. Each Broken Lords unit regenerates 0.1 health points per turn, per each pacified village. With the costs of healing in mind, and the necessity to assimilate, at least 20 villages to feel the effect of this bonus in the first place, it is not too useful."

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message