Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

A few newb questions

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 5:27:40 PM
Hi, just started playing recently, got through a few games as necrophages and roving clans. I seem to always struggle in the early game and have to work hard catching up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it seems to be related to happiness and expansions.

Have anyone seen 1k hp battleborn mercs? Was rather shocked when I attacked the roving clans AI after a few wars lol AND THEY HAD SWEEP

Also, I'm wondering why "beam" is called beam, when shockwave attack makes more sense.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 5:57:33 PM
Hi, just started playing recently, got through a few games as necrophages and roving clans. I seem to always struggle in the early game and have to work hard catching up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it seems to be related to happiness and expansions.

General:

-smiley: food>everything else because smiley: stickouttongueopulation: is your driving force for a lot of your economy

-Any faction you play you want to leverage your advantageous; Roving clan invest in tech for dust after food, necrophages military techs.

-Do not neglect equipping your army a well equipped army is worth far more then sticking with generics

-Purchase hero's primarily for governor roles and get a cultist hero for you capital city ASAP

-Early game +smiley: fids resources are desirable later game always build a building that gives %smiley: fids before a flat bonus

For your smiley: approval:

-Sewers are your friend and the tech "Imperial Coinage" more so because it gives you access to the market which gets you to wine that gives a 30+ to smiley: approval

-Strategic expansion into areas that have good supply of luxury goods because each city increase the cost of not only luxury but empire planning

-later in the game you will have opportunity to use the Empire planning options and you will want to plan your expansion into new areas around getting that tier two 25+ smiley: approval to cities

For your economy:

-Trade routes help tremendously and are well worth the investments not only because of the smiley: dust and smiley: science but because it allows your armies to use less movement points (which means you can use a well equiped army to police a large area)

-Empire planing can get you 3+smiley: dust per smiley: stickouttongueopulation: and if you can't get any other plan early in the game as Roving clans invest in this bonus (use the dust to buy economic building)

Have anyone seen 1k hp battleborn mercs? Was rather shocked when I attacked the roving clans AI after a few wars AND THEY HAD SWEEP

Yes and it can get much worse sometimes auto resolve can be your friend....

Also, I'm wondering why "beam" is called beam, when shockwave attack makes more sense.

Can not help you there
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 6:30:36 PM
Personally, both of the games I won on hard so far involves me getting a huge army at era 3 and rolling over people, its strange. I probably ♥♥♥♥ed up somewhere starting out, and need answers cuz so far everything I've read on the forums always go with "Won on turn 120" when I usually win at 200 turns in.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 7:09:53 PM
Depends on the victory type, game speed, and map size. Diplomacy\war can be very fast where as science\economic is going to take a while. Score gets you consistent turn 150 wins (if on fast) where normal is turn 300. I have gotten wins on tiny maps in the 80's region but huge maps is easily double that.

As long as your having fun is what really matters.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 7:34:16 PM
Well buying out the entire market was fun, tho they never restocked the mercs XD

daemons with 1.5k hp sheesh
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 17, 2016, 8:27:59 PM
Mercs are even better with the roving clan.

For shenanigans I highly recommend a custom broken lords that focuses heavily on dust having population of 100+ for all cities and watch the UI break.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 18, 2016, 8:18:03 AM
What settings are recommended for a normal game? And how many turns maximum do people usually spend looking for a spot at the start?
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 19, 2016, 12:48:33 PM
What settings are recommended for a normal game?

Play around with the settings for what ever suits your needs I can not say what will be the most fun for you just me (I like abundant anomalies and Huge maps)

And how many turns maximum do people usually spend looking for a spot at the start?

Ideal at One and uncomfortable at two; what should happen is that you take your original army and split it to scout the terrain before you move your settler to the ideal location

Why? The Law of Accelerating Returns, which can only take hold if it has resources to operate on (same reason why you should have started saving for retirement before you started saving for retirement and no age is ever early enough)
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 19, 2016, 5:50:21 PM
nginferno wrote:
And how many turns maximum do people usually spend looking for a spot at the start?

I split my armies and build the city on turn 1. The only exception is when I see a really good position (compared to what I can reach initially), and which I can reach on turn 2.

It's not that I couldn't build on turn 3, it's because I can personally accept a starting position which is not ideal, and work my game from there.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 20, 2016, 5:15:02 PM
Do you split your initial army into 3 squads or 2? I haven't tried having a solo hero and 2 units running around cuz it seems expensive.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 20, 2016, 5:37:04 PM
nginferno wrote:
Do you split your initial army into 3 squads or 2? I haven't tried having a solo hero and 2 units running around cuz it seems expensive.

I split them into three, then re-assign my hero to one of my units.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 20, 2016, 7:25:38 PM
icarus86 wrote:
I split them into three, then re-assign my hero to one of my units.

Oh I meant excluding the settler.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 6:32:41 PM

1st Tip for starting a game...

#1 before you do anything zoom out to see where you are on the map. If you are near North or South edge of the map you will know your primary focus is scouting the opposite direction as nothing is below/above you. 

If you see clear coastline east or west...same idea. Your back is to a wall, but it also means you wont have threats from that direction and depending on your neighbors may be able to skate peacefully for a time. 

If you are in middle of the map...prepare for war early and often. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 6:58:27 PM

2nd tip for starting game...

Immediately break off your hero. Make sure you highlight him afterwards before trying to move him, as detaching him for some reason keeps your focus on the original army and not him. Then send him as far away in a direction you feel you needs to be explored. The further he gets from your starting region the better. It will provide invaluable intel later in the game and if he gets in trouble you can always teleport him back home after a retreat action by attaching him to an army or a city. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 17, 2016, 7:05:46 PM

3rd tip for starting a new game...

Split your remaining 2 units off and send them in different directions to scout your current region and the regions immediately adjacent to you. Your primary focus is uncovering what resources and minor factions are nearby, while finding an ideal settlement to expand to.  Specific needs will vary by faction but regions with 3 minor faction villages are extremely valuable as your 1st settlement.  If you take language square  early and can parley an easy pacification, your new city will then start with 4 pop the turn you drop it. Not too shabby.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message