Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Resolution 3440x1440

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Nov 22, 2018, 12:33:13 PM

Praise to the devs and community managers!

Me and the other two users (or is it me only?) choosing resolution 3440x1440 are still waiting (I feel aeons have passed since first report) for no.1 priority fix (ok... perhaps no.2) in case of 

a) starting screen 

b) faction choice screen and 

c) diplomatic screen 

to be adapted for our expensive monitors to have the most immersive experience as possible. It happens for any faction in case of b) and c).

Examples:

Loading screen (any other resolution)

Loading screen (3440x1440)

Faction choice screen - starting new game (any other resolution)

Faction choice screen - starting new game (3440x1440)

Diplomacy screen (any other resolution)

Diplomacy screen (3440x1440)

Perhaps some skilled intern can take care for and get my personal hero!

In humbly humility yours Groo

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 22, 2018, 1:09:49 PM

I've passed it along, though personally I suspect this is not a high priority fix unless it is really easy to solve.

EDIT: QA informs me they have handled a very similar bug before and will look into this.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 23, 2018, 3:34:34 PM

Yeah I can confirm ultrawide resolution is rather broken in many of the screens. Just adding black bars on the sides would be better instead of the psuedo-zooming that is going on.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see better use of screen real estate with ultrawide setups so that ES2 can be played with a "10 foot interface" on the couch with a Steam Controller.

As it is now, there is custom GUI scaling that works great if you want to scale DOWN, but not if you want to scale UP.

I'd be happy to play test any potential changes and would also be happy to provide more details of the issues with 21:9 resolutions. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 23, 2018, 4:25:02 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

EDIT: QA informs me they have handled a very similar bug before and will look into this.

This would be awesome... in case it will be fixed in future, you are my personal hero - forever.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 20, 2020, 5:21:09 PM
z0rrer0 wrote:

So... is he your hero? ^_^

Sadly not when it comes to fixed resolution - at least not yet.

0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 7, 2024, 11:29:09 PM

Returned for the Re-Awakening update today. Just dropping a note that this is still an issue.

0Send private message
13 days ago
Apr 20, 2024, 2:03:28 PM

Yet a fix would be so simple. All you would have to do is change the settings in a config file so that the image is aligned horizontally instead of vertically. Then you might have black bars left and right, but at least the problem would be solved.

However, there are no instructions anywhere on how to do this.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message