Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Bug: end turn stuck on pending - AI in talks

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 7, 2019, 12:58:37 AM

Sorry for necroing the thread, but my friend and I are experiencing the same bug. We love the game to bits, but this is probably our 10th playthrough that ends up this way. I think we've only ever achieved victory in one - all others had to be abandoned because they simply get stuck. We're not using any mods, so we have no clue what could be causing this. It happened several times throughout the playthrough, and each time we've reloaded a save 1-2 turns prior to the issue, or simply waited a few minutes and it'd sort itself out, but now we've tried both and neither helps.

I am attaching the latest save for the turn when the issue surfaces, as well as the most recent log file from the host's side (zipped because the forum doesn't allow HTML uploads). Hopefully they can help with isolating the issue - this is a really nice playthrough we don't want to abandon :( Thank you in advance!

AutoSave 170.sav

Diagnostics - 2019'10'07 @0152'38''.zip

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 7, 2019, 8:22:14 AM

try the preview, it is performing surprisingly well, especially in the MP,  common reception is, there are even close to no desyncs (but then it's probably because people play in fewever numbers)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 7, 2019, 9:44:04 AM

I've tested your save on version 1.5.7, and it processed the turn. However, this was tested in a single-player setting, so you experience in multiplayer may be different. Could you confirm with your group if you can progress by using version 1.5.7?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 12:22:15 AM

Thank you very much for testing the save. We have tried with 1.5.7 (patchpreview beta on Steam), and although the game successfully processed the ground combat on Farver that it was previously getting stuck on, engaging the Imperial fleet at Farver once again has the game stuck at "Your opponent is choosing their strategy". The turn can't end because of this unresolved combat, nor can we move our ships.

On my side, only two AI players are not ready because they are "in talks" - Horatio and Vodyani. The Vodyani can be interacted with normally, but Horatio is "considering another contract" indefinitely, so I think the issue could still be related to AIs getting stuck in talks.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 9:20:46 AM

Could you share the diagnostics for that? As I mentioned, for me I had no trouble ending the turn in single player. There were no issues with either ground or space battles.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 8, 2019, 11:45:49 AM

Sure thing!

Host side: Diagnostics - 2019'10'08 @0158'25''.html

Client side: Diagnostics - 2019'10'08 @1254'10''.zip (no idea why this one won't upload without being zipped and the other one does)

Most likely, in single player the AI does something different than the two of us do in multiplayer, and doesn't trigger whatever ends up stalling the turn.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 10, 2020, 7:40:07 PM
koxsos wrote:

try the preview, it is performing surprisingly well, especially in the MP,  common reception is, there are even close to no desyncs (but then it's probably because people play in fewever numbers)

What do you mean, "try the preview", I don't know what it is?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 10, 2020, 9:26:40 PM

*old man voice*
in the days of old, god has spoken and said "let there be a preview" and so there was a specific option on steam to download a preview version of the game.

This is no longer a thing at the moment.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 1, 2020, 2:04:02 AM

cant belive its been a year and its stil not fixed. just ruined my entire game... why isnt this fixed? 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 1, 2020, 7:27:33 AM

Hey hey devs,

Getting the pending bug an awful lot here, no mods

Any chances of getting a fix? Thanks :)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 3, 2020, 1:29:20 AM

Just got this exact same glitch and after searching on Google, it got me here. Sad to see a bug that's been around for quite a while and not fixed yet.

Anyway, I just saved my game, tried to reload it and it worked again.

I hope that's a workaround, at least on single player.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 3, 2020, 10:36:04 AM

Having a simillar bug in a Multiplayer game, after clicking "End Turn" its just stuck, often one of the AI is "in negotiation" while all other AI are finished.

If we save and reload, the game continues, but it happens again after a few turns.

We needed to reload 4 times in a 90 min session (we got tired after this).

Why isn't this fixed yet?

You guys are creating such amazing games and fuck up heart by ignoring Multiplayer. Why?

I really hope you don't abandon multiplayer in Humankind, because i really, really want to play this game with my friends and it looked so amazing in open dev.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 12, 2020, 3:19:06 AM

Based on the age of this thread and pretty much the end of any updates or DLC for the game, looks like this'll never properly be addressed. Very frustrating as it is pretty game breaking. My current game I've been running into this pretty much every other turn, if not every turn in some cases. Thankfully, I've been able to solve the issue by saving and reloading the save I just made - but even that is very cumbersome. Single player, Fast speed, all other game settings default.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 3:37:21 PM

I have the same bug too. Turn 440, single player with Horatio. I tried different things, went back few turns and done things different but it allways stuck at turn 440.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 9, 2020, 12:53:07 AM

Just had this bug annoying me today :/ i need to reload a save after some turns otherwise i cant progress with my current game. Does anyone knows about any kind of workaround or had any progress identifying what causes it?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message