Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Bug? - Vodyani Cannot Kill Off The Academy

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 19, 2019, 4:11:21 PM

Because "Raze" is not an option for anyone on the Academy, and the Vodyani are not allowed to "Occupy" systems, the only option when defeating the Academy is "Hunt".  This seems like an oversight as it is quite frustrating not being able to finally eliminate the Academy who I now owe >$1m in reparations.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 3, 2019, 3:31:09 PM

wnat to add i have the same porblem with umbral choir, you also cant purge the academy home system and oyu cant get sleeper on them so you never can take their system :-(

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 31, 2020, 12:25:16 PM

I don't believe this has been patched yet, there shouldn't be any issue with a faction razing the academy system, as long as the academy is orbiting harrow there shouldn't be any problems with regards to game mechanics

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 1, 2020, 3:30:53 PM

This is my least favorite glitch in the game since Awakening and it never got fixed with the "Final Patch" or anywhere else in this 'series' of patches (that was really a pair of patches). 

You literally can't complete the Vodyani storyline if you pick the heretical option with this glitch.

I'm very surprised this glitch didn't make the cut for things to be fixed before Amplitude moved on. Vodyani were a core faction in the original game, and now if you have all the expansions active, you can't complete one of the two narrative forks that they have open to them.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 4:32:41 PM

If I had to guess (since we are required to; lack of transparency), I would say this:

- Amplitude knows this DLC is not well-liked (look at Steam reviews) and maybe doesn't even make good sales anymore because of it

- The effort required to fix this is pretty big; you're talking about either reworking the DLC or reworking basic Vodyani code, or even design

Thus, the cost is just not worth the effort for them. They needed to be Johnny on the Spot to decisively fix this DLC immediately upon release in time to impact reviews and sales, and they decided not the dedicate the resources to do that.  

I read somewhere that they outsourced the DLC. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it is almost always a sign that a developer will provide only limited support. When you outsource development work to another studio it's because you have moved your people to other projects. But again, not sure whether this was just a rumor or not.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 24, 2021, 9:15:04 AM

Hi.

Sorry to bump this thread up, but as of January 2021 this bug is still happening.

Please, take a look at it as it is not only very frustrating, but also prevents completing the Vodyani quest arc when Awakening DLC is active.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 21, 2021, 6:51:45 AM

Ngl, this is really a thorn in front of me whenever I hover to the academy system, only to be reminded I can't really do anything to it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 21, 2021, 6:37:50 PM

Is it technically even possible to completely eliminate the Academy faction from the map? My understanding is that the Academy rewards keep happening and new ships (including colonizers) will still keep spawning. I've never really tried.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 26, 2021, 7:13:55 PM

I hope they address this along with the new dlc release. The Vodyani, of all factions have the most compelling reason to eliminate the Academy lore-wise. 

Haven't actually played Umbral Choir in this patch so not sure how they interact with Academy.

I definitely don't hate the expansion and also gave it a positive review on steam, but I'd very much like to see these inconsistencies resolved at some point.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 12, 2021, 7:45:48 AM

Found this thread while looking for something else lol, this is the main reason I dont play with the Awekening dlc and its sad to see the devs saying there will be a fix but this thread is 2 years old allready and still no fix.. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message