Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Bug (?) When I end turn pirates diplomacy changes from cordial to wary.

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 11:03:33 AM

Not sure if it is a bug, but I don't really understand why my status with pirates changes from cordial to wary after I end turn

Savefile: AutoSave 1233.sav

Screenshots:

Apologize in advice if i missed some pirates mechanic

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 12:28:08 PM

I do know that your relation with the pirates diminishes a bit every turn.

But i don't see the bar getting slightly less in your screenshot.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 1:25:55 PM

As Keimpe has already pointed out, your relationship with the pirates naturally decays over time (They're a rowdy bunch), though I admit that it should be showing a marker on the relationship bar, so I will forward the to the team.

EDIT: I need to confirm some specifics of the pirate diplomacy with the GDs before I get back to you.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 1:55:56 PM

I don't have a save at this time, but I have certainly experienced what DayStalker is talking about. In other words, every turn, if I didn't give the pirates money, they would move our status from Cordial to Wary irregardless of how positive (green) our relationship was. Ater giving them money, they would change our status back to Cordial until the next turn. i was curious if this was due to proximity of one of my systems/fleets to a lair.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 2:41:18 PM

Okay, I double-checked with the Game-designers.

"Wary" is the status you receive if you are on good terms with the pirates, but somebody else is in better standing than you are (who will be cordial with them). It's possible that this issue is caused by another faction paying off the pirates after you improve your status with them, but I haven't had time to confirm that.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 3:33:15 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Okay, I double-checked with the Game-designers.

"Wary" is the status you receive if you are on good terms with the pirates, but somebody else is in better standing than you are (who will be cordial with them). It's possible that this issue is caused by another faction paying off the pirates after you improve your status with them, but I haven't had time to confirm that.

Thanks! Actually it makes sense! Sorry if I reported it as a bug, I didn't find it anywhere.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 23, 2019, 3:45:07 PM

That is very helpful. Thank you. It would be nice to have a tool tip when mousing over "Wary" to indicate something along those lines.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message