Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

"The Ugly Plague" Horatio Population Quest completion trigger bug (and fix)

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jun 16, 2020, 10:26:33 PM
Summary / Title
"The Ugly Plague" Horatio Population Quest "PopulationQuest12" condition check interpreter expression targets old property (incomplete value)
Description
I went with option to deny Horatio request (unspeakable, I know) that requires me to increase Industry production in one of my systems. Simulation chose my System Saiph. Even though tooltip says my Industry production is sufficient, quest doesn't trigger to complete.
Steps to Reproduce
Load attached save file (Nakalim campaign), check quest requirements and varify that Saiph meets conditions.
Reproducibility
4/5 - some condition play role here
Expected Behavior
Objective should trigger and quest should be completed.
Version
ENDLESS SPACE 2 V1.5.11 S5 GOLD-Public (64-bit)
Notes
Two expressions that calculate requirement and check condition address SystemProduction property, that doesn't account for Empire wide bonuses, like percantage from Empire Relics.

Instead, they should address NetSystemProduction like PopulationQuest16 does.

In \Public\Quests\QuestDefinitions[Population].xml, line 1387:
                <Expression>Property(ColonizedStarSystem01, @'ClassColonizedStarSystem',SystemProduction)</Expression>
In \Public\Quests\QuestDefinitions[Population].xml, line 1396:
            <Var VarName="$Expression01" StringValue="Property(Context, @'ClassColonizedStarSystem',SystemProduction) ge $(Amount04)"/>

These expressions should instead be:
                <Expression>Property(ColonizedStarSystem01, @'ClassColonizedStarSystem',NetSystemProduction)</Expression>
and:
            <Var VarName="$Expression01" StringValue="Property(Context, @'ClassColonizedStarSystem',NetSystemProduction) ge $(Amount04)"/>
Attachments

Fixed quest definitions: QuestDefinitions[Population].xml
IllustrationsOpen these screenshots in new tab to zoom and be able to read simulation values:

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 16, 2020, 10:42:22 PM

Yes, CaptainCobbs, you can add this one to Bugfix mod too.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message