Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Nakalim Ships appearing as Sophon and other graphics bugs since yesterday

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 9:36:15 AM

Not sure if this has something to do with a background download of Dark Matter (which I haven't purchased yet) but since yesterday I've noticed the following bugs, even after verifying files:

1. Nakalim ships are appearing as Sophon ships in combat and on the ship design screen.  Suddenly happened to a game I have been playing for days.  Started a new game as the Nakalim, and as soon as I go into the ship design screen the 3D model is Sophon.
  2. On the Academy diplomacy screen the background for Vault Keeper is just a bunch of random coloured pixels.
  3. The picture in the build queue for Public 3D Printing is also random pixels.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 12:33:13 PM

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game from scratch but the bugs persist.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 1:17:55 PM

More pixels when selecting craver population in a new game after complete reinstallation.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 1:43:18 PM

I own Dark Matter and have the game both on a laptop and a desktop installed. Saved the turn where this happened, both PCs display it the same way.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 2:00:11 PM

Today's patch fixed the background pixels problem (thank you!), but the Nakalim ships are still appearing as Sophon vessels.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 6:27:55 PM

worse - the "module" slots have wrong UV - sometimes they can fly off the "screen space"

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 10, 2021, 7:25:13 AM

Have the devs acknowledged the still-present Nakalim bug yet?  I haven't seen any word from them on this yet.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 10, 2021, 8:50:21 AM

They probably didn't, as it is not persistent. I don't have it, so I assume it's tricky to reproduce.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 10, 2021, 9:44:38 AM

That's interesting -- I get it every time I play the Nakalim.  Not sure yet if it happens when they are an AI faction.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 10, 2021, 1:10:04 PM
Sublustris wrote:

They probably didn't, as it is not persistent. I don't have it, so I assume it's tricky to reproduce.

Just in case it helps them troubleshoot, what does your installation look like?

I have no mods installed and all DLC installed and activated except for Dark Matter.  However, the problem started when the Dark Matter update took place. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 11, 2021, 1:08:20 PM

I don't have Dark Matter however the Nakalim ships are the same as Sophons.

I raised the same in the Bug Report 2 days ago:

NAKALIM SHIPS GRAPHICS IS THE SAME AS THE SOPHONS [STEAM]

I log a ticket to Sega as well but they redirect me to this forum

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 11, 2021, 1:20:05 PM

I can confirm the bug where Nakalim ships appear as Sophon also happens in combat when the Nakalim are played by an AI.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 11, 2021, 1:44:28 PM

Come again, is it shown only in battles, or in ship design screen too?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 11, 2021, 5:06:08 PM

It's on the ship design screen when the player is the Nakalim, and in battle whether the Nakalim are the player or an AI.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 18, 2021, 8:10:24 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. Misplaced ship slots are the biggest problem as I can't outfit the fully. But the ship design...I didn't realize it until now. It is weird, but I didn't play Sophons for a long time so I thought I was confusing something

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 19, 2021, 6:54:50 PM

You can fill the misplaced slots by double-clicking on the module you want to add from the top bar, but the module locations are all over the place.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 24, 2021, 7:21:29 AM

For those of you experiencing this bug who don't want to turn off the Nakalim DLC till it's fixed, a helpful gamer on Steam posted this workaround:

Originally posted by Groo the one:

You can wait for a new patch, or choose to roll back the Endless Space 2 version (right mouse click on Endless Space 2 in Steam library -> Properties -> Betas -> choose an earlier game version) to fix this display bug.

I can confirm that version 1.5.28 runs with the proper Nakalim ship skins.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 24, 2021, 9:54:06 AM

The tradeoff is that you can't use Dark Matter DLC with 1.5.28 and there are couple other bugs that were fixed since that version

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 25, 2021, 2:18:49 PM

Thank you!  Downloaded the latest version and my Nakalim ships have their skins back!

Much appreciated. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message