Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Infallible Authority not giving per hero level bonuses

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Mar 20, 2024, 1:56:14 PM

Playing totally unmodded with all DLC active except Penumbra and all add-ons active except for the Pug hero; verified game files before game started to be sure.  Infallible Authority is not giving the per hero level aspect of the FIDSI bonuses promised, and doesn't seem to be giving flat bonuses on the system the hero is assigned, either.

Here are the bonuses on my capital system:

Pop 10 times 0.5 = 5, but where's the hero level modifier?  The hero on the planet is level 20 so that should be +100, not +5:

For alternate reference, here is the planet where the Hero with the senator skill is stationed:

The +40 FIDSI seems wrong to me, and I noticed the same flat bonus on my home system for the same number of pops.  No Behemoths involved in either system.

Attaching save file with clever title here:

FallibleAuthority.sav

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 21, 2024, 9:41:52 AM

The bonus that is applied is the last one on the tooltip breakdown, "+5 SCIENCE from FISDI per POP per Hero Level".

You are correct, there's actually one a 0.5 FISDI flat effective applied to the planet, per population but hero level doesn't multiply that outcome despite the description.

I guess is just a description issue, otherwise, a level 12 hero would give 6 FIDSI per population, that would be worth three "Microwave Pipes" buildings, in each system, one of the best buildings of the game, just from the effect of the senator skill.

0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 21, 2024, 1:54:57 PM

Yeah but that Senator skill as it stands now is pretty terrible for something in the third ring of hero upgrades.  The original text of the skill looked like this according to Knofbath:

I'm guessing the skill was such garbage that Cobbs/Cyrob wanted to make it more useful but didn't get the values right somehow.  I see your point about it being potentially OP, but it does take time to get lvl 20 heroes...that said there are 4th ring senator skills that are similar and weaker than what this is supposed to be based on the text.  Maybe 0.2 per pop per hero level would be more ideal.  Regardless, this skill needs adjustment, and I'm not sure the on system bonus is currently working at all.

0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 22, 2024, 8:45:50 AM

Yeah, you're right Skummeh, I asked about it to the patch team, seems they forgot to add the "per hero level" effect multiplier to the skill.

The skill is a third ring level skill. You get the senator skill as soon as level 10, so starts with 5 FIDSI per pop, as soon as you get access to it. I'm all in for skills that are better than others, but this one blows out of the water almost any other third and fourth ring senator skills.

Yeah, maybe 0.2 would be a very good value, still plenty strong. I will fix it on Community Fixes, no balance changes though. Not a big deal.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message