Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

90% off all terraforming costs - bug?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 12, 2020, 4:04:43 AM

So I am playing a game where I assimilated the Sowers and got World Architects (50% off terraforming).

I didn't boost them,  ever.

At the time of my latest save game I have 8 of them in my empire.

I have saved and loaded the game several times just through normal play sessions.

Today I noticed that all terraforming costs are 10% normal,  ie 90% reduced from regular price.

I looked at a wide variety of terraforming and each one was 10% regular cost:

Ice -> Arctic: 56

Desert -> Arid: 100

Arid -> Jungle or Savannah: 200

Ash -> Desert:  56

Desert -> Savannah: 200

I'm wondering if maybe the Sowers "World Architects" is bugged in the same manner as the Riftborn time dilation abilities was;  ie on every load/save it accumulates.  With terraforming perhaps it is simply capped at 90% reduction.  I haven't looked at the XML files.

I am not using any mods.   All DLC is present and enabled.

Savefile attached,  maybe I'm simply overlooking some other tech or ability?  I've played plenty of games and never seen terraforming costs this low.

UE Hard 12 v3 - in progress.sav

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 22, 2020, 6:00:40 AM

Ok.. so it's capped at 90%,  but how did I get there?   As far as I can tell I should only have a 50% discount from World Architects.   And I did for a while,  but over several save/load cycles I think the value got corrupted.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 26, 2021, 4:00:28 PM

bump for visibility.  Mr. Nine-Tails,  can you please confirm this is buggy behavior and logged as a bug?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 20, 2021, 2:16:47 PM

Hi, SilaOfBorg.I think you may be right in your assumptions. A can see assimilation trait applied twice to your empire:

I'd also assume, maybe you assimilated them twice, but after generating the galaxy with similar settings and same seed number, I can see they were present only once on your map.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 21, 2021, 3:18:44 PM

Thanks for confirming,  Sublustris!

Now we just need to get Amplitude's attention... probably easier said than done while they're working on Humankind.   :P

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 2, 2021, 9:40:38 AM

monthly bump for visibility.  Mr. Nine-Tails,  this has been confirmed as buggy behavior.   Can we get it logged?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 30, 2021, 5:48:48 AM

I'm afraid this won't be fixed. Did you manage to reproduce it in further games?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 1, 2021, 6:30:19 PM

No,  I haven't -- I've only ever assimilated the Sowers once.   Normally someone else gets to them first,  or they don't spawn at all.

As a programmer myself I'm guessing this would be exceedingly easy to reproduce and fix.  

Mostly at this point I'm just curious to see if Amplitude is done with ES2 or if they're just busy with Humankind.  Only so many people to go around,  after all.    So I'll keep bumping until I get a response one way or the other,  or I forgot ES2 exists -- whichever comes first.   :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 3, 2021, 8:00:19 PM

keeping it on the radar..  mainly just curiosity now.   I wonder,  did I miss some notification from Amplitude that ES2 is "done"?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a year ago
Jun 2, 2023, 2:02:24 AM

Bumping with the hope that a fix for this can sneak into The Last Patch -- as it currently stands, any faction that integrates the Sowers has an auto-win button if you save and load the game a couple times.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message