Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Vodyani "All Must Tithe/Study" modules double-dipping

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Feb 20, 2017, 8:52:00 PM

BUG DESCRIPTION

The Vodyani Ark modules "All Must Tithe" and "All Must Study" are supposed to each provide +50% Dust and +50% Science on System, respectively. They do indeed provide that, but they also each appear to give +25 Dust and +25 Science respectively to the overall totals.

For instance, I'm in a new game with only one Ark so far, which still has just the original "All Must Tithe" and "All Must Study" modules (I haven't upgraded it yet). Here are the bonuses these modules provide to my one system:

And here are the bonuses these modules ALSO provide to my empire as a whole:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Load saved game "Vodyani Double Dipping" (below).
  2. Click home system, Ugaro.
  3. Roll over System Dust (module bonus is appropriate here).
  4. Roll over System Science (module bonus is appropriate here).
  5. Exit Star System Management view.
  6. Roll over overall Dust (should NOT be receiving this +25 bonus).
  7. Go to the Technology Screen.
  8. Roll over overall Science (should NOT be receiving this +25 bonus).

If you like, you can experiment with upgrades to my existing Ark, and/or create a new Ark in 2-3 turns.

REPRODUCIBILITY

5/5

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

All Vodyani Ark modules should provide +50% boosts for a given Ark's system, but not +25 flat-rate boosts to the overall empire.

VERSION

V0.2.5 S1 Alpha-Public

NOTES

This seems both unintentional and extremely overpowered. Interestingly, the inappropriate overall +25 flat bonuses seem to appear even if an Ark is not anchored, or even travelling between systems.

Note that the other Vodyani modules for Food, Industry, and Influence do NOT appear to do the same thing (i.e., they appear to only provide the +50% system totals like they're supposed to).

ATTACHMENTS

Vodyani Double Dipping.zip

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 21, 2017, 3:29:21 PM

Hi there!

Thank you for the report

Our QA department will probably open an entry in the bug database soon, if it's not done already!

Thanks again for your help

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message