Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Has any progress been made with the Awakened Special Laws and Super Laws bug?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Dec 2, 2019, 9:02:27 AM

It's been over 2 months since Awakened has been released, and there has been neither a fix nor news on where we stand with this bug. For those who do not know, special laws, such as those obtained from Quests [Sophons, Lumeris, ect.], and those obtained from population bonuses from minor factions do not appear after obtained, are not selectable, and not enactable by any means. Further, after the first round of a faction holding Vault Keeper from the Acadamy and then having it taken away, it's possible for Super Laws to be unselectable if one government changes and has the Vault Keeper taken before the first election. Currently, tmk, there is no indication if this is a trigger bug, ui bug, or something else entirely. I'd like to know if the Devs or any Modders out there have made progress in deteriming what causes the bug, or has a possible solution?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 2, 2019, 2:21:46 PM

I noticed this in a recent Riftborn playthrough, I can't remember if the law came from their quest or a generic quest but I remember not being able to find it after I completed the quest.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 10:13:33 AM

I think ES2 is dead now (in terms of updates). Old time bugs aren't fixed, lore pass on tech tree that was promised long time ago and rolled over for later was never done. Amplitude is busy with Humankind, Awakening was poorly received (personally I enjoy it) so I'll be surprised to have any more DLCs. Not that I want them anymore, as they break more then they add.

All in all, I dissapointed with Amplitude. They start with great promises, but after game is out for few years they just abandon it, with bugs and balance problems. Games are still good, but eventually you realize that a lot of PR voiced in the process is just bullshit, like "lesson learned".

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 12:38:37 PM

Oh well, there is hope yet.
I know there is no hope for Lumeris, but there is hope for bugfixes.
I am also not superexcited about ES2 falling out of favour, but devs need to eat.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 4, 2019, 7:27:28 PM
koxsos wrote:

Oh well, there is hope yet.
I know there is no hope for Lumeris, but there is hope for bugfixes.
I am also not superexcited about ES2 falling out of favour, but devs need to eat.

Well, I guess you're right. All im hoping at this point are some bugfixes. Sadly, both Penumbra and mostly Awakening dwindled my hopes for smooth DLC start without gamebreaking bugs and rather fast reaction in fixing them, so maybe bugfixes are all this game needs.

Although 1 more dlc with another race would be nice at some point (Yeah, I'm looking at you Automatons...)

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 12:11:30 AM

There is not hope. Probably they are working on humankind to lunch it and make some more money. RIP EL2. Worst buy of my life.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 3:17:57 AM
DayStalker wrote:

There is not hope. Probably they are working on humankind to lunch it and make some more money. RIP EL2. Worst buy of my life.

Seriously? This is the worst buy of your life?

Can you people be any more dramatic?

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 11:57:31 AM
DayStalker wrote:

First time that I paid for something unfinished or that they didn't fix.

So you've been gaming for like less than 6 months and you're under 21?

I mean I can't see any other scenario where you buy a game like Endless Space 2 and make the claim that its your worst buy ever. You never bought any product that wasn't 100% working as advertised or had a few minor faults? I mean your games list must be really tiny?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 12:46:06 PM

@Slashman

I agree that it's quite harsh to say ES2 is worst game ever but ES2: Awakening has failed to fulfill the expectation formed by several community votes and devblogs. Even Amplitude said sorry for the state of Awakening DLC. I bought every single game & DLC made by Amplitude and I own several hundreds videogames, and I don't find anything wrong with saying Awakening DLC was bad.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 5:58:27 PM
PARAdoxiBLE wrote:

@Slashman

I agree that it's quite harsh to say ES2 is worst game ever but ES2: Awakening has failed to fulfill the expectation formed by several community votes and devblogs. Even Amplitude said sorry for the state of Awakening DLC. I bought every single game & DLC made by Amplitude and I own several hundreds videogames, and I don't find anything wrong with saying Awakening DLC was bad.

No I'm not saying its wong to say there are faults? I do know it wasn't the greatest effort from AMplitude...or from their counterpart devs studio who helped them make it. 

I'm saying I have no confidence in someone saying it was their worst game buy ever? That is so much hyperbole its not even funny. I can still jump into the game and play and have some fun. Even if for some reason the fault with a particular race is game breaking(and I don't think any of them are), I can play another race or at least work around it.

By the standards of any game today ES 2 is comparatively benign in terms of bugs currently.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 11, 2019, 9:42:59 PM

Actually i play with Awakening disabled.

Because of the academy.

It's too bad because Nakalim is a good idea.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 12, 2019, 9:30:02 AM

Well when games tend to be decided 10 turns after academy is spotted... with random rolls like "win an influence race against nakalim" or "oh you have no titanium in your entire constellation? Titanium race!"

AND the one who spots them is prepetually invaded by superior AI fleets who you do not want to and can't really fight if you want the academy fleet...

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 12, 2019, 12:09:08 PM

I've played 2 games with the Academy and have not had this issue. There are multiple ways to stop the academy fleet. Like hacking the academy and halting it in its tracks.

The academy has one fleet for players to use.

How is it that you are losing the game 10 turns after the academy discovery? I don't get it. I didn't have enough Titanium to win the academy race when it was first announced it didn't make much difference.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 13, 2019, 3:20:22 PM
Slashman wrote:

How is it that you are losing the game 10 turns after the academy discovery? I don't get it. I didn't have enough Titanium to win the academy race when it was first announced it didn't make much difference.

ýoutube as a time link. UC dies turn 26.
This is MP of course, where people use fleets and academy is at the other end of the galaxy where you can never hack it.
Check out the rest, I believe I can get to about 70% of galaxy without seeing a single academy system. 4/8 players can't see academy. Provided they have other things to do.
I welcome this as it was the only way I could even hope to defeat the UC this early. However, UC would disagree with how great that particular situation turned out.

From then on I should have easily snowballed, but got rekt cause systems under fire generate manpower, jadonyx, Vodyani starter "exist" and of course my fleet comp was suboptimal.
Last but not least I lost the upcoming academy race which sealed the deal.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 13, 2019, 7:53:59 PM
koxsos wrote:
Slashman wrote:

ýoutube as a time link. UC dies turn 26.
This is MP of course, where people use fleets and academy is at the other end of the galaxy where you can never hack it.
Check out the rest, I believe I can get to about 70% of galaxy without seeing a single academy system. 4/8 players can't see academy. Provided they have other things to do.
I welcome this as it was the only way I could even hope to defeat the UC this early. However, UC would disagree with how great that particular situation turned out.

From then on I should have easily snowballed, but got rekt cause systems under fire generate manpower, jadonyx, Vodyani starter "exist" and of course my fleet comp was suboptimal.
Last but not least I lost the upcoming academy race which sealed the deal.

Sorry I don't play multiplayer. And to be honest this game has become so huge over the years that I cannot see how how multiplayer balance can be maintained.

Good luck though!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message