Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Initiate of "Games2Gether" ... many questions

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Dec 13, 2019, 3:53:53 AM

Is this site a suplement, alternative, or something else to the steam forums discussions?

What is this discord thing?

Are there no champions of Multiplayer tournaments, leagues, or any other kind of organized activity ... or are the current issues preventing the success for this?

Pardon my newness and "Wannabe" status... btw is that not a little condasending?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 13, 2019, 11:32:52 AM
Inquisitive-mind wrote:

Is this site a suplement, alternative, or something else to the steam forums discussions?

It's a mix, one that devs occasionaly read and post to. You'll find devblogs, resources and other things here, as EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED,
so basically if someone posts a steam guide, they usually repost it here, so they can double down on the traffic, then if they are greedy they go and post it to discord aswell.
This is one of the major issues which I will refer to below, community is slightly fragmented over multiple platforms, but this is THE inteded hub.

You will also find there are occasionaly votes as we are "making games together!" ranging from "how to call a random ship in game few care about" to "what the next major faction in the game is going to be like".

What is this discord thing?

how to google "discord"

Are there no champions of Multiplayer tournaments, leagues, or any other kind of organized activity ... or are the current issues preventing the success for this?

Issue is nobody organizes them, and also the game balanacing can sometimes prove ... suboptimal for MP purposes.
As seemingly majority of playerbase prefers to roflstomp AI and MP is mostly about to what extent can you abuse a balancing issue, there has not been much of a drive to get into this.

Last community attempt for an organized game I remember is an ES1 game posted on... Twitter.... >.<.

And as mentioned above commmunity is fragmented in ways such as  "oh I like this game, let me make a steam group number 5 for it.".

Pardon my newness and "Wannabe" status... btw is that not a little condasending?

*condescending
If you are triggered by obtaning random achievments, I suggest you rethink your position.
You are free not to present any titles which are acquired, which is what you clearly figured out.
Good job! You know how to G2G now. Go out there and post things!

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 13, 2019, 11:35:00 AM

Games2Gether is actually the main forum for the Amplitude games. While we are on the Steam forums as well, Games2Gether is the hub for everything related to Amplitude, as we have features like Community Votes here.

The Discord is a chat server we run where our community can hang out, discuss our games, and arrange for multiplayer sessions.

We don't have any organized multiplayer at the moment, as game sessions can take very long, but there are some rather competitive groups you can join.

As for the title, it is not meant to express anything about your knowledge or skills, it is merely the default title for new arrivals if you have recently signed up. You can change your title on your profile page to any title you have access to, along with your avatar (and if you link your Steam account, you will receive new avatars and titles based on the Amplitude games you own.)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Dec 16, 2019, 11:00:29 PM

Thank you both for your replies and correcting my spelling! 

The word discord ... does that not imply out of tune?  I know this is just a game community; perhaps is that why the name?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message