- I really don't like that you have to unlock all of the planet specializations via tech, but if seems crazy that they are divided (randomly?) between era 1 and 2. Why can I get science and influence in era 1, but have to wait to era 2 for food and industry? I feel they all should be in era 1. They are low industry and tech cost ways of getting your planets specialized.

- The early industry builds feel way overpriced. xeno-instrudy infrastructure costs 280 and unless you happen to get the rare forest gives you +5. That's 56 turns, plus build time, to pay off, ignoring the science to even unlock it, AND you get charged 4 a turn for the privilege. Interplanetary transport nextwork (if you have 5 people) is similar. If these are supposed to be buildings only on the "right" planet, why are they Era 1? I think that bonus should be brought down, some of that power brought into the base ability, and the cost reduced if you don't want them to be a power gamer IQ test.

- If all Academy Embassy does is allow early unlock of heroes, it seems way overprices. 780 is a TON of gears, and unlike the other one time other buildings, doesn't scale.

- That reminds me, why are the one time use buildings in E1 while half the planet specializations in E2? This seems backwards. As you progress, the buildings get more and more specialized, right? 

- Early miliary techs feel pointless, since they are dwarfed by their later era ones. This way I bone I had to pick with EL. Maybe they should have a passive industry reduction on weapons/armor? Why get E1 guns when I can use normal ones and get E2 guns?

- Speaking of that, I really like the rock/paper/scissors of combat, but why can't my Sophon ships use missles for long range but my hero can? Why doesn't the AI swap to anything but short ranged?

- N-way fusion is completely worthless as a tech 1 option. Who wants to spent a full tech, 4 dust a turn, and 280 gears to get +50 manpower.