Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Minor Civs stacked together

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Oct 18, 2019, 1:21:00 PM

I've seen that this 'issue' was there from the beginning according to this old thread

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/66-game-design/threads/28337-minor-factions-are-clustered-in-the-middle?page=1 

I never really noticed it, until recently.

Minor civs are grouped together pretty much.

Is this intentional?

Any light shed on this matter is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Keimpe

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 10:07:28 AM

If I recall correctly, the galaxy generator should spawn one minor faction relatively close to each major factions, and cluster the rest in the center, at least on default Minor Faction Quantity. (I'm not sure how the spread is handled on higher or lower quantity settings.)

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 11:49:07 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

If I recall correctly, the galaxy generator should spawn one minor faction relatively close to each major factions, and cluster the rest in the center, at least on default Minor Faction Quantity. (I'm not sure how the spread is handled on higher or lower quantity settings.)

:D

(I use an esthetic colour mod)

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 1:31:18 PM

I see CaptainCobbs EL Factions mod in use there. I wonder if this is just high minor faction settings, or the mod tweaked the number of factions spawned.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 1:40:16 PM

For the number of minors i use medium. 

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I see CaptainCobbs EL Factions mod in use there. I wonder if this is just high minor faction settings, or the mod tweaked the number of factions spawned.

That's what i thought as well. Probably the mod spawns more? 

So i use only esthetic mods from now on. 

EL Minors is quite something, but if a mod unbalances a game. That's no fun.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 2:09:43 PM

My mod only tweaks the number spawned, also, balance update incoming :)

I have noticed they spawn in dense clumps though

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 2:18:15 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

My mod only tweaks the number spawned, also, balance update incoming :)

I have noticed they spawn in dense clumps though

Great! I will give it a try again later :)

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 2:28:09 PM

Update should be out some time next week, Im releasing it whenever the spanish translator is finished. Would some addon mods that reduce total number of minor factions be something you'd want?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 2:41:57 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

Update should be out some time next week, Im releasing it whenever the spanish translator is finished. Would some addon mods that reduce total number of minor factions be something you'd want?

What i am looking for is a  mod, that keeps the basic/balanced gameplay. But adds more options as minor civs. So not the amount of minor civs should increase, but when a minor pops up in the game, there should simply be more options for the game to choose from which minor civ could be in the game. 

So basically an add-on would do the job indeed. Not a game changer

I would like the game to be as vanilla as possible. But more options to the vanilla game are always welcome.

So the chance of a minor civ to be there stays the same. But the game can choose from more diverse minor-civs.

Does that make sense? :)

Thanks for responding by the way. Great to hear the feedback.

Kind regards,

hArLeKeImPe

P.S. I was just thinking. If i change my setting for minor civs to low. Would that balance it out?

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 8:37:47 PM

I just realized, the custom world generation mod lets you control the specific number, so I'd suggest that.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Oct 22, 2019, 8:42:50 PM
CaptainCobbs wrote:

I just realized, the custom world generation mod lets you control the specific number, so I'd suggest that.

Thanks a lot! will check it out :)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message